Member News Prior Years
FTHRW 2016 Member News
- Congratulations to Mia Jo Celeste for her first sale, “Other Than,” published by the Wild Rose Press. Her new manuscript, “Nothing Secret” won an honorable mention in the Pages from the Heart Published Author Division Young Adult Category. It’s her first final as a published author.
- Congratulations to Diane Holiday, a new release coming out in August or Fall 2017, called “Love in Hiding. Publisher is City Owl Press.
- Congratulations are in order for Mona Risk, with her two new releases this month, “Holly Jolly Christmas” (Holiday Babies Series Book 1) and “On Christmas Eve” (Holiday Babies Series Book 6).
- A big congratulations to Amanda Murphy w/a Jill James with her new release, Waking Up for Christmas as part of the boxed set Christmas at the Inn on Main Street.
- Let’s give a hand to Anna Hague, her new release dated 11/16/2016, Captured Heart.
- A big thumbs up to Eleri Grace, her book, This is Us, Won 1st place in the Historical Division of the Indiana Golden Opportunity contest and has been entered into the “Best of the Best” round.
- Way to go, to Mary E. Thompson with her new release titled “Go For It.” It’s her 25th release! Wow. That’s wonderful!
- Congratulations to Judi Phillips with her new release titled “Whispers – Heart to Heart, Book 3.” Another Wowser!
- Amanda Murphy has completed making “Love In The Time of Zombies” into an audiobook. This is the first in a series with two more zompoc romance audiobooks to follow. Woot, Woot Woot!
- Wonderful news about Paisley Kirkpatrick, she’s had her first sale with her new historical release titled “Northwoods Series: Frontier Cowboy.”
- Congratulations to Wendi Sotis, for her new release, a historical called A Lesson Hard Learned. Great News and Good Luck, Wendi!
- Great News from Stephanie-Arwen-Lynch-Poe. A new release called The Fairy Tale Lenormand. She writes “Talk about a dream come true! My Fairy Tale Lenormand deck has arrived. This is a 36 card Petit Lenormand deck with artwork by internationally known fantasy artist Lisa Hunt. I wrote the booklet.” Way to Go, Stephanie!
- Malena’s great news: a cover preview for her second novel – Love Me Twice! She says, “It’s so pretty, and I’m so excited to share it.”
- Exciting news for Jennifer Barlament, writing as Jenny Centen. She says “I’ve been notified that I have two manuscripts that are finalists in two contests. I’m unpublished, so this is exciting for me!
- Indiana Golden Opportunity Contest: Finalist (Contemporary Romance): “Changing His Tune”
- Southern Magic’s Linda Howard Award of Excellence contest: Finalist (Contemporary Single Title Romance category): “Changing Her Mind”; same had placed third previously in the SWFRW Joyce Henderson Contest (Contemporary) under the initial title, “A Work in Progress.”
- Congratulations to Diane Seibert, who achieved RWA PRO!
- Marissa Doyle – Skin Deep is a finalist in the paranormal category of the New Jersey Romance Writers 2016 Gold Leave Award for published books. Way to go, Marissa!
- Robin Tuch made PRO status! Congratulations, Robin!
- Connie Bretes just signed a contract with Beachwalk Press, Inc. for her book, Blue As Sapphires. Scheduled to be release in Feb/Mar 2017.
- Linda Rees, Her first sale! Gold Lust Conspiracy, with Soul Mate Publishing.
- Josie Riviera, Seeking Patience, Release date, August 2, 2016.
- Jill James, received requests for requests for partials/fulls.
- Margo Bond Collins, Beach Blanket Bridesmaid in the Feel The Heat Anthology, released July 18, 2016
- Catherine Chant, Nothing Stays The Same, New release, New young adult time travel (Soul Mates, Book 2) released date is August 16, 2016.
- LeAnne Rhodes, The Rebel’s Redemption PAN application was approved!
- Evelyn Timidaiski, Received a request for full manuscript of Tiponi from Soul Mate Publishing. The editor’s words, “I’m enthralled with your story.”
- Penny w/a Eleri Grace had two requests for full manuscripts.
- Great News for Ana Morgan! She received a request from Entangled Publishing for the full manuscript of Stormy Hawkins, a steamy Western historical.
- Linda Rees is psyched and we’ll get psyched with her! She just received a contract on her historical novel. It’s her first published book!
- Let the celebration begin! DB Michaels is celebrating and promoting her new release, Song of the Blackbird, a contemporary romance, on June 21.
- And the celebration continues! Josie Riviera is celebrating her new release and Anthology, Seeking Patience, A Historical romance.
- Great News for LeeAnne Bristow who received a contract offer from Harlequin Heartwarm for her anthology, The Rebel’s Redemption. Woot Woot!
- Congratulations to Margo Bond Collins, her Paranormal romance Under Her Skin was released 06/15/2016. Way to Go!
- What a great accomplishment for Betsy Gray! SHE MADE PRO!
- A round of applause for Kari Horner, she has a new release titled: Restored
- Dawn Baca received PRO status!
- LeAnne Bristow received a full manuscript request after entering Harlequin’s Heartwarming Blitz!
- Penny Linsenmayer writing as Eleri Grace’s WW2-era manuscript THIS IS US got third place in Chicago Northwest RWA’s “Fire and Ice” contest in the historical romance category this past weekend. The same manuscript was announced as a finalist in Hearts through History’s “Romance Through the Ages” contest. Her hero is a finalist for the RTTA’s Legend Award: A Man for all Reasons.
- Wendi Sotis, after two years of picking at this story, is excited to say she’s finally written “The End” on book # 8 this week, A LESSON HARD LEARNED, a Regency Austenesque. It’s based on a short story she wrote a few years back. She’s in the process of revising and editing, but right now it’s just over 90K words. It should be self-published by the end of the summer. She thanks the FTHRW critique loop for their help on parts of the story! For more deets about this project, visit Wendi online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Janet Halpin is thrilled to report she’s a finalist in both the Cleveland Rocks Romance and KOD’s Daphne contests. She also recently signed with an agent who judged her entry in a contest and requested the full MS. So, in her book, contests (like Pages From the Heart) are the way to go! For more deets about her writing, visit http://janethalpin.com/.
- Paisley Kirkpatrick has an inspiring story to report. Last Friday and Saturday the town of Tomahawk, WI, held their Main Street Spring Fling. It’s where the merchants on Main Street open their businesses for artists, authors, and crafters. She spent her two days at the local quilt shop and ended up selling quite a few books. It also gave her the opportunity to meet members of our community and talk to them about writing historical romance and what it’s like to be an author. What an amazing time. For more about Paisley’s work, visit her at:https://www.facebook.com/PaisleyKirkpatrickAuthor and http://www.paisleykirkpatrick.com/
- Paisley Kirkpatrick released her eighth book and the second in the Northwoods Series, LOVE’S EMBRACE, on May 1st. The hero in this story is a treasured friend of hers, and the story came from her heart. He’s called Big Dog, which is his stature for sure, but to her it represents his heart. He asked if she’d make him a hero in one of her books some day and this is it. Guaranteed you’ll fall for this gentle giant, too. The heroine is the former socialite Genevieve Vellechamp who doesn’t want to be placed on her long-time driver’s pedestal. She only wants his love and to be his equal. For more deets about this awesome title, visit one of Paisley’s web pages: https://www.facebook.com/PaisleyKirkpatrickAuthor, http://www.paisleykirkpatrick.com/
- Mary Thompson also just released book 8 in a series. It’s called FLUFFY & FABULOUS and is in the Big & Beautiful Series.
- She also just got accepted into PAN and is very excited about it! News about her books can be found on her website – http://MaryEThompson.com.
- Jaclyn DiBona won the Affaire de Coeur cover contest for the WHIMS OF FATE! For more deets about her writing, visit http://jaclynvdibona.blogspot.com.
- Annie Styles just released a 74,000 word contemporary romance with Soul Mate Publishing called A MATCH MADE IN HERITAGE VIEW. Woot woot! For more deets, visit http://www.anniestiles.com/.
- Colleen S. Myers just got the cover for her second book CAN’T FORGET. Cover reveal is today, and June 6 is the book release. Here is a link to her FB party if you want to join the festivities! https://www.facebook.com/events/1536609336634811/1546578118971266/
- For more deets about Colleen’s books, visit www.csmyersmusings.com.
- Rolynn Anderson’s panel/workshop at the InD’Tale Conference in October was accepted and she’s officially on the schedule! It’s her first presentation at an author/reader conference. The topic/title: No One Puts Baby in the Corner! Crafting Successful Book Signings (even for introverts). She hopes lots of FTHRW-ers will come to this conference in Burbank, California. Here are the particulars: http://www.indscribe.com “See you there!” —Rolynn
- For more about her writing and speaking engagements, visit: Six Suspense Novels Spiked with Romance http://www.rolynnanderson.com
- Renee Ann Miller’s contemporary ms, WHEN ONE KISS ISN’T ENOUGH, won the Contemporary single title category of the Washington Marlene contest! For more deets, visit Reneeannmiller.com or @reneeannmiller on Twitter.
- DB Michaels’ debut novel—a contemporary romance—SONG OF THE BLACKBIRD went on pre-order sale. She’s so excited to be releasing her first novel Here’s the blurb: Dr. Emma Edwards takes a job in prison to protect her inmate brother in this Pride & Prejudice meets Orange is the New Black contemporary romance tale. Emma must find a way to keep her brother alive until he’s freed even if it means hiding her identity and lying to the prison’s powerful warden, a man who ignites her fire like no other. Song of the Blackbird is a dark but optimistic, emotional tale that proves even within prison walls, love knows no boundary. For more deets about the release festivities, visit www.dbmichaels.com.
- Renee Miller signed a three book deal with Kensington Books! This historical series set in Victorian London will be released in 2018. The series will include her two Golden Heart finaling manuscripts, starting with NEVER DARE A WICKED EARL, in which a prim and proper nurse engages in a battle of wits with her new patient, an infamous lord. For more deets about this exciting news, visit Reneeannmiller.com or join her on Twitter @reneeannmiller.
- Margo Bond Collins has had two works published in collections in April: LEAVING NECESSITY is part of the Come Love a Cowboy anthology. FLIGHTLESS (book 2 in the Fairy, Texas YA series) is available in the Enchanted: Fairy Revels Collection. For more deets, visit her website at www.margobondcollins.net. Yay, Margo!
- Jacquie Biggar’s first paranormal, THE GUARDIAN, releases Tuesday, April 19. Blurb: Lucas Carmichael and Scott Anderson had it all, money, fame, and fortune. But one night’s stupid mistake takes everything they thought they cherished and dumps it upside down. A car accident ends Lucas’ life and leaves Scott injured and bitter. As the local ME, Tracy York, investigates the case, discrepancies begin to point to more than a simple drunk driving incident. When threats are made to Tracy’s life can Scott and his guardian angel, Lucas, protect her, or will she become another casualty? To see the amazing cover done by the fabulous Kim Killion, check out her website at http://jacqbiggar.com. “Romantic suspense with attitude!” Congratulations, Jacquie!
- Linda Hornung is a finalist in the Great Beginnings contest sponsored by Heart of the West, Utah RWA chapter! She started entering contests in January, and this is her first time as a contest finalist. Way to go, Linda!
- Kim Owen, writing as Dylann Crush is super excited to finally have some good news to share. Her short story BIRDS OF A FEATHER is now available in the Romancing the Lakes of Minnesota – Spring anthology. Check out her website at www.dylanncrush.com for more info. Love that title, Dylan! Wishing you many sales!
- Marissa Doyle’s good news this week is that after four traditionally published books, she’s gone hybrid and released her first self-published book. SKIN DEEP is a paranormal romance set on Cape Cod with a selkie hero, a heroine with magical abilities she doesn’t know she has, and an ancient evil that is determined to destroy the one and possess the other. More details here…http://bit.ly/1QT8X8j. And can she just say how much fun she had with the whole self-publishing process? She’s hooked! Check out her sites at: www.marissadoyle.com and www.nineteenteen.com. Congratulations and enjoy the journey, Marissa!
- Cheryl Pitones, writing as C.P. Rider has a novella SWEEPING SILVER that made the finals in the NEORWA Cleveland Rocks Romance Contest this week. 🙂 Woot woot! A few hours later, Cheryl turned around and emailed me again with this à “You’ll never guess what happened! I just heard from the WisRWA Fab Five Contest and my paranormal story made the finals. Guess it’s my lucky week! :)” Yes it is, Cheryl! And a very well-deserved one, too. Best of luck in both contests! You rock, woman!
- Cara Crescent’s book, THE LAST MARINE, is a finalist in Colorado RWA’s 2016 Award of Excellence. For more about her writing, check out her website www.caracrescent.com. Awesome news, Cara! Best of luck to you in the final round!
- Jo Grafford received a request for a full ms from Harlequin yesterday evening for her INDEBTED TO A BILLIONAIRE submission to their recent special Desire call. Thank God she already completed DESIGNED FOR YOU and everything is set for its April 19 release! For more deets about her writing, visit www.JoGrafford.com. Yay me!
- Jennifer Hover w/a Cara Crescent released a new paranormal romance, THE BEACON. For more deets, visit www.caracrescent.com.
- Lea Kirk released ALL OF ME, a short story in her My Prophecy series on Tuesday. If you dig quick reads involving post-apocalyptic sci-fi romance with a hint of paranormal, check out her website for more info at www.leakirk.com.
- Amanda Murphy w/a Jill James has her newest zombie book on preorder. A TIME TO KILL ZOMBIES, Book 3 in the Time of Zombies series is now available to preorder with a release date of June 27, 2016. For more deets, visit www.JillJamesWriters.com.
- Jo Grafford has the first in an all-new For You Series, DESIGNED FOR YOU, releasing April 19, 2016. She’s also experimenting with her first ever pre-order. 🙂 A full-length novel of sheer heart-pounding romantic suspense in a world of luxury cars, penthouses, and high stakes where nobody is exactly who they claim to be.
- Claudia Burgoa is releasing UNDEFEATED today, Friday April 1st. And that’s no April Fools joke. J Check out the exciting deets at http://www.claudiayburgoa.com.
- Connie Bretes just got accepted into PAN!
- Jo Grafford just got accepted into PAN!
- Elizabeth Harmon made her debut on USAToday’s HEA blog, http://happyeverafter.usatoday.com/2016/03/29/elizabeth-harmon-getting-it-back-unusual-romance-novels/ and GETTING IT BACK, her April 4 release got a 5 Star/Top Pick review from Harlequin Junkie. http://harlequinjunkie.com/review-getting-it-back-red-hot-russians-3-by-elizabeth-harmon. It’s been quite a week! For more about Elizabeth’s books, visit her online at romancewritergirl.com.
- RITA Finalist for Best First Book, Pairing Off by Elizabeth Harmon: Harlequin, Carina Press, Kerri Buckley, editor
- Golden Heart Finalists!
- Diane Holiday is a Golden Heart finalist in the romantic suspense category for LOVE IN HIDING. She’s so stoked! For more deets about her writing, visit: https://facebook.com/DianeHolidayBooks.
- Renee Miller is also a finalist in the Golden Heart for her historical manuscript THE IMPETUOUS MISS MILTON. This is her second nomination. She was also nominated last year for a different manuscript. For more about Renee’s writing, visit: http://www.reneeannmiller.com.
- DB Michaels is self-publishing her debut novel soon! Song of the Blackbird is a contemporary romance. She’s set up a website, Facebook author page, and Twitter page in preparation and just published her first blog post! She is totally new to social media and would love some feedback from our members, so take a moment and check out her pages. For more deets about her upcoming release, festivities, a big giveaway, etc. visit www.dbmichaels.com, https://www.facebook.com/DBMichaelsAuthor/?fref=ts, and https://twitter.com/DB_Michaels1.
- Christy Carlyle received a new (second) three-book contract with her publisher, Avon Impulse, and it was the first contract negotiated by her new agent, Jill Marsal of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency. For more about Christy’s books, visit www.christycarlyle.com.
- Arlie Adam just did something she swore she’d never do – write paranormal. But a visit to a friend who lives in Miami made her realize that all kinds of spooky people live there – LOL! Here’s a sneak peek:
The Other-Worldly exist side-by-side with the mortal word. Sure, they live a bit longer, can do things mortals can’t, and have different takes on the sexual revolution. But Lucian Pendragon is destined to be their King. Now if he can only find a way to achieve the powers of the Dark Arts, he’ll be good to go. For more details, visit http://www.arlieadams.com/.
- Lea Kirk’s Prophecy Series short story, All of Me, just came available for pre-order this week! For more info, visit her web site at www.leakirk.com.
- LeAnne Bristow finished revisions on her manuscript, The Rebel’s Redemption, and submitted them to an editor at Harlequin who has asked for an R&R. For more about her writing, visit www.LeAnneBristow.com
- Colleen Myers has set up a blog hop opportunity and welcomes you to join! Click here for details: The Club Book Promotions : Little Things Blog Hop Sign Up& Info. Also, she is querying a contemporary romance manuscript with several Agents. **fingers crossed** For more about Colleen’s writing, visit www.csmyersmusings.com.
- Claudia Burgoa just released the cover of Undefeated, the 5th and last book of the Unexpected series. The release is planned for 4/1. Visit her website for more exciting deets www.claudiayburgoa.com.
- Lea Kirk has a whole list of writing highlights and milestones to share! She received her February NetGalley reviews back for Prophecy, and they made her smile. Her short story, All of Me, is locked and loaded on the platforms for its release next month. She’s also making good progress on book two of her Prophecy Series. Lastly, she’s over the moon excited about being one of the host authors at the Intergalactic Bar & Grille during RT. Life is good. 🙂 For more details about her books, visit http://www.leakirk.com.
- Lorin Oberweger is now an official PAN member! Plus the first book in her series, BOOMERANG, just released in Spain and Italy. So exciting!
- Malena Crockett gave a fabulous interview on The Write Way Café. Go check it out at: http://thewritewaycafe.blogspot.com/2016/02/an-interview-with-malena-crockett.html#.VtCDN8c4pEd. Feel free to show your support by leaving a comment.
- Mary E. Thompson released her 15th book – Fat & Fine – this week. It’s Book #1 in the Big & Beautiful Series. Check out more deets about her books and how her newest release is burning up the charts at: www.MaryEThompson.com. Congratulations, Mary!
- Catherine Chant’s popular workshop “Grow A Book: Turning Your Story Idea Into a Worklable Plot” has hit the pre-order presses! Official release date is March 8. For more deets, visit her website at www.CatherineChant.com. Wishing you as much success on the book version as the workshop version, Catherine
And it’s RWA Pin-On Time!
- Lisa Coughlin (writing as Jaylee Coughlin) earned her RWA PRO pin with Cloudy With a Chance of Starlight. Love that title, and congratulations, Lisa! She also submitted this ms to a private editor for review (Eilis Flynn). She won her service package at last October’s Emerald City Romance Writers Conference. She was also asked to submit the first three and synopsis to one publishing house, so wish her luck, everyone! For more deets about Lisa’s writing, check her out on Twitter: @JayleeCoughlin. She’s hoping to get her author page up and running soon.
- Emily Allen also received her coveted RWA PRO status on Friday. Hip hip hooray, Emily!
- Constance Bretes was also accepted into the world of RWA PRO status. Congratulations, Constance!
- Jo Grafford (yours truly) submitted her RWA PAN Provisional Application for Breaking Ties, first in the Lost Colony Series. Getting there. It’s a journey, isn’t it, folks?
- Rolynn Anderson is now a member of RWA PAN, having made at least $1000 on a single title – LIE CATCHERS, published by Wild Rose Press and Amazon Encore. With this accomplishment, Rolynn has decided to go to her first RWA Con in San Diego and is pleased to have a chance to sell her six published novels at the conference. Her thoughts on the subject: “Yippee! Good comes to those who persist!” For more about Rolynn’s books, visit http://www.rolynnanderson.com.
- Lyndi Rees is querying Gold Lust Conspiracy in search for a great agent to sell her book.
- Kari Alice is excited to announce she created an author profile of Facebook. She already had an author’s page but decided she needed a profile page too!
- Josie Riviera just releases a Valentine Novella titled I Love You More about International adoption. For more deets about her book, visit josieriviera.wordpress.com.
- Linda Hornung has achieved PRO status with RWA. Congratulations, Linda!
- Malena Crocket is excited to announce her title character Melody Joy (from Fool Me Once – Melody Joy’s Personal Mystery, book one) hosted an interview on Connie Brete’s blog: http://conniebretes.weebly.com/connies-blog. What fun!
- LeAnne Bristow received a revise and resubmit from an editor at Harlequin on the full she submitted last month. 🙂 Congratulations and good luck! For more about LeAnne’s writing, visithttp://www.LeAnneBristow.com.
- Arwen Lynch has two pieces of good news (both non-fic)! She just finished a freelance project (Tarot) and was asked to take on another freelance project for an oracle deck as well. “WHEEEEEEEEEE! Seek Joy, Y’all!” says Arwen
- Maureen Bonatch is excited to announce her WIP entitled, See No Evil, took second place in the 2015 Florida Romance Writers Golden Palm Contest in the Paranormal/Sci-fi/Fantasy Romance Category http://www.frwriters.org/contest/2015-contest-winners/. For more about her writing, visit: Website.
- Lyndi Rees just created her first website and started blogging at www.lyndirees.wordpress.com. She is blogging about not just her own work but also the work of other writers and working to connect with fellow writers on her FB page (found under her new pen name Lyndi Rees).
- Stacie Wilson has some incredibly exciting news to share! She signed with Anchor Group Publishing and will be releasing her debut novel with them (a YA Urban Fanttasy) Myst in May! For more about Stacie’s writing, visit www.staciewilson.com.
- Susan W Dunn’s romantic suspense made the finals of West Houston’s 2016 The Emily contest! Finalists will be announced next month and head to the final round of judging. Good luck, Susan!
- Linda Hornung aka Lexa Fisher entered her first contest, NEORWA Cleveland Rocks Romance, on Monday. Woo hoo!
- Catherine Chant just typed “The End” on NOTHING STAYS THE SAME, Book 2 in her Soul Mates series and it is now off to the editor. NOTHING STAYS THE SAME is a young adult travel romance set in 1973 Hollywood. Groovy, baby, huh? It will be self-published in 2016.
- Rolynn Anderson hit a milestone, selling enough e-book and print versions of LIE CATCHERS to earn more than $1000 on that romantic suspense novel. She has applied to PAN for membership! For more deets about her Six Suspense Novels Spiked with Romance, visit www.rolynnanderson.com.
- Jo Grafford just put her first contemporary romantic suspense novel DESIGNED FOR YOU on preorder. Release date April 19, 2016. It’s the first book in the FOR YOU SERIES. “Hiring a billionaire certainly has its perks!” And Jillian Lang is going to need to cash in on every one of them to stay ahead of the relentless pursuit of a deadly cyber stalker. More deets at www.JoGrafford.com.
- Linda Rees qualified for PRO status!
- Lea Kirk’s debut novel, Prophecy, Book One of the Prophecy Series, was released on January 12! She is over. The. Moon! And she’s knee-deep in launch festivities on Facebook right now. For more deets, visit: http://www.leakirk.com.
- Sandra Cox is paging all gardeners to let them know her Flower Gardens and More title is now available. For more details, visit: sandracox.blogspot.com.
- Lane McFarland recently finished the fourth and last book in her first series, The Daughters of Alastair MacDougall. That was a huge milestone for her! AND…She’s already written the first three chapters of her new medieval Scottish series, The Turnberry Legacy. For more deets, visit: www.lanemcfarland.com.
- Christina Hovland got accepted to PRO, which was one of her goals for 2015. She received her acceptance email on New Year’s Eve — right under the wire!
- Rosalie Redd self-published her debut novel called Untouchable Lover. For more deets, visit her website http://www.rosalieredd.com.
FTHRW 2015 Member News
Susan W. Dunn won the romantic suspense category of the 2016 BEACON contest and got a request for a full from the judging editor.
Amy Olle’s debut novel, Beautiful Ruin, was released this month. For more deets, visit her website at www.amyolle.com.
Jacquie Biggar is excited to share that she’s a finalist in the BTS Red Carpet 2015 Reader awards for her romantic suspense novel, Tidal Falls. Blurb: Nick Kelley spent years working as a dog handler in the U.S. Marine Corps. His sole focus, to keep his team alive in the midst of chaos. When he fails to notice an IED in time and loses most of his teammates, Nick shuts down. It takes meeting and falling in love with a woman in danger to make him realize life’s worth living. For more deets about all the titles in the Wounded Hearts series, visit her website at http://jacqbiggar.com.
Jennifer Hover writing as Cara Crescent self published her debut novel, The Last Marine, this month! For more deets, visit www.caracrescent.com.
Kathryn Daugherty released a short story titled Consequences in an anthology called Iowa’s Original Writers Anthology published by Davenport Writes. This story is about the consequences we might face with choices we make. For more deets, visit her website at http://www.kathryndaugherty.com/Novels.html.
Joann Kelley is now writing as Oliva Jane! She’s a newer member of the FTHRW group and has been working hard at setting up a new writing identity (switching it up to sweet-ish small town contemporaries) so she can start the New Year with a fresh path to the Happily Ever Afters she wants to write. She says it’s not the most overwhelming ‘good news’ a writer can share, but she’s pretty pleased with the fact that her romantic duckies have started lining themselves up in a row. Her new website for the purple loving alter ego that is Olivia Jane is http://www.oliviajane.net .
Maureen Bonatch – Her Candy Hearts Series Novella, FORGET ME NOT, is up for preorder and scheduled for release on January 6, 2016. You can see her sweet cover on her website if you’d like 🙂 http://www.maureenbonatch.com/books/forget-me-not/.
Lea Kirk has more good news. PROPHECY has received its second 5-star review on Good Reads from reviewers! She’s giving up the Woo-whoo’s and <happy dance-ing> right now. For more about Lea’s stories, visit www.leakirk.com.
Jill James finished a short story that ties into her Time of Zombies series. Rogue Vantage will be a free giveaway to newsletter subscribers. For more deets, visit her website at: http://www.jilljameswrites.com.
Arlie Adams is publishing a holiday themed novella in The Orchid Collection that will be available from December 12 through January 6 only. Titled, “An Orchid Christmas”, the story features John and Marianna Christopher, the hero and heroine who introduce each of the eight current novellas in the series. For more deets, check out her website at www.arlieadams.com.
Lea Kirk published her first ever guest blog posts this week with not one, but two wonderful SFR authors, Greta van der Rol and Pauline Baird Jones. It was such a great experience, she highly recommends it to all newbies. For more deets about her experience, visit her blog at: http://www.leakirk.com/blog.
LeAnne Bristow just got a call from her agent! She submitted a proposal to Harlequin a while back and her agent called to tell her that Harlequin wants to see the full manuscript ASAP. How awesome is that? http://www.LeAnneBristow.com
Evelyn Timidiski’s book RETURN TO SNOWFLAKE is now available in paperback. The book came out in e-format on October 31, 2015. For more details, you can visit her website: http://www.amazon.com/author/evelyntimidaiski.
Lea Kirk has some amazing news to celebrate! After three years, she typed “The End” on her debut novel, PROPHECY, on Wednesday. (December 2, 2015). Had a nice little cry, pulled herself together, and wrote two guest blogs for later this month. Release day is January 12, 2016, and she is ready and happy dancing!
Deena Patel w/a Sienna Snow accepted a three book deal with Hachette’s Forever Yours imprint. First book slotted for release in May 2016.
Arlie Adams’ romance series, The Orchid Collection, has added the eighth stand-alone installment, “Romance at Rosemallow Inn“. A Cuban-American lawyer from Miami meets a no-nonsense Plain Jane law clerk from Boston and together they escape to a romantic getaway on the Georgia coast. Visit her website for more details! www.arlieadams.com.
Josie Riviera recently released A Snowy White Christmas, a hallmark-movie type Sweet romance contemporary Christmas Novella. It’s loosely based on the Snow White fairy tale, and the heroine’s name is Margaret, the name of the original Snow White. Because the fairy tale is set in Germany, the hero is German. And, his twin brother is a dwarf.
You’ll find, though, that Margaret Snow doesn’t believe in fairy tales, especially after the life she’s experienced and the secret she’s keeping.
Check out Josie’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Josie.Riviera.
Jill James just made her boxed set, The Lake Willowbee Series Books 1-3 into an audiobook. Join the fun at the lake!! Read all about it at http://www.jilljameswrites.com
Jill James is releasing another audiobook. THE RELUCTANT BRIDE: A Lake Willowbee novella is set to go live. It is the story of an ambush wedding, a gun-shy bride-to-be, and misunderstandings galore. For more deets, visit her website at: http://www.jilljameswrites.com.
Colleen S. Myers just published a book November 2, 2015 called MUST REMEMBER with Champagne books. She also just signed the second and third books with the same publisher. For more deets, visit: www.csmyersmusings.com.
Christy Carlyle’s 90,000 word historical One Tempting Proposal will be released on 11/17/2015 by Avon Impulse.
Marlow Kelly’s 16000 word historical, A Woman of Courage, will be released on 11/13/2015 by The Wild Rose Press.
Christina Hovland placed second in the Contemporary division of the Lone Star Contest with her entry Confessions.
Kathryn Daugherty released her 75,000 word contemporary novel She Promised Her Heart on 10/08/2015.
Marlow Kelly received her PRO pin.
LeAnne Bristow is a finalist in the Indiana Golden Opportunity Contest, Inspirational Division, with her entry The Search for Sunshine.
Sheryl Babin, writing as Bree Lawrence, took first place in the Novel with Strong Romantic Elements category in the Golden Rose Contest with her entry Wilde Omens.
Nicola McKenna received her PRO pin for her contemporary category-length manuscript Tempted By The Irish Boss.
Christy Carlyle’s 90,000 word historical One Scandalous Kiss was released on 9/08/15 by Avon Impulse.
FTHRW Members who are finalists in the Pages From The Heart Contest
Arlie Adams with A Clean Getaway
Terri Benson with Saint or Sinner
LizAnn Carson with Mel (Calder Creek 3)
Catherine Chant with Fool For Love
Dylann Crush with Pocket Full of Stars
Diane Holiday with Pointe of No Return
Marlow Kelly with Sun Seeker
Marilu Mann with Costumes and Code Words and Blade for Hire
Renee Ann Miller with A Notorious Gentleman and When One Kiss Isn’t Enough
C.P. Rider with Chambered
Annie Stiles with Engaged in Heritage View
S. A. Tudhope with Tree of Sun
Jill James released The Zombie Hunter’s Wife, a 50,000 word paranormal from Gray Sweater Press on 8/01/2015
Catherine Chant‘s website received First Place in the Young Adult Romance category of the Romancing the URL contest, sponsored by the West Houston RWA chapter.
Kasey Lane’s debut novel, All for You, along with two additional books in her Rock ‘n’ Ink series, has been bought by Sourcebooks Casablanca. All of You is an 86,000 word contemporary.
Caroline Lingaitis has received her PRO pin for her manuscript Farsighted: The Matching, 119000 words.
Rolynn Anderson has released Fear Land, an 80,000 word contemporary, from Rawhide Press.
Annie Stiles debut novel, A Match Made in Heritage View, 73,000 words, will be published by Soul Mate Publishing.
LeAnne Bristow’s manuscript The Rebel’s Search, 58,000 words, won 1st place in the Touched By Love Writing Contest, FHL RWA chapter, Short Contemporary Division
Cheryl Pitones writing as C.P. Rider placed first in the Romantic Novella category of the Orange Rose Contest with her entry Drag Me Away.
Wendi Sotis has published Safekeeping, a 51000 word Romantic Suspense. This is Wendi’s 7th book.
Arlee Adams has received her PRO pin for Low Country Crazy, a 23000 word short contemporary that was published on 3/4/2015.
Catherine Chant is a finalist in the 2015 Rosemary Awards, sponsored by the Young Adult Romance Writers of America chapter, with her entry HUSH: The Dead Don’t Tell.
Diane Holiday has earned her PRO pin for Bet Her Life her 83000 word romantic suspense.
LeAnne Bristow manuscript The Rebel’s Search is a finalist in the Fab Five Writing competition (WisRWA).
Kathryn Daugherty has earned her PRO pin for A Case of Hearts.
Carol Malone contributed to the sweet romantic anthology Summer Hearts which released on 5/20/2015.
LeAnne Bristow manuscript The Rebel’s Search has made it to stage 2 in Harlequins Book Blurb contest.
Ashley York released The Gentle Knight, second book in her Norman Conquest Series.
Ashley York’s first book, The Saxon Bride, was nominated for a Rone Award.
Rosalie Redd earned her PRO pin.
Wendi Sotis released All Hallow’s Eve as an audio book. 9 hours and 48 minutes Regency/paranormal
Mona Risk is pleased to announce that the gift set Hearts and Kisses is a USA Bestseller. Mona contributed Valentine’s Babies to this collection.
Arlee Adams released Low Country Crazy. Book 6 of The Orchid Collection, a 23,000 word short story.
Wendi Sotis became a PAN member.
Renee Ann Miller‘s Never Dare a Wicked Earl is a finalist in the Golden Heart.
Heather Boey w/a Rachael Slate published Trancing the Tiger (Chinese Zodiac Romance Series, book #1) an 88,000 word fantasy romance.
Katie Meyer has signed a three book deal with Harlequin. Her So You Think You Can Write entry will be published in October under the title The Puppy Proposal.
Lorin Oberweger released her second book Rebound in her Boomerang Series of NA romantic comedies (written with author Veronica Rossi under the pen name Noelle August), published by Harper/William Morrow.
Deena Patel earned her PRO pin.
Margo Bond Collins was the Grand Prize Winner in The Launching a Star Contest for her manuscript Skin Deep.
Margo Bond Collins is also a double finalist in the North Texas RWA Great Expectations contest for her entries Skin Deep and The New London Marriage Stipulation.
Renee Ann Miller won the historical category of the Florida Golden Palm Contest for her entry The Impetuous Miss Milton.
Dana Britt has sold Shades of Blue, her 69,000 word manuscript to Booktrope.
Paisley Kirkpatrick has released One-Eyed Charly, a 96,583 word historical with Desert Breeze Publishing.
Charlene Wilson released Aumelan – Blessed of the Gods, a 337 page paperback with Astraea Press.
Arlene Adams has released Stars at the Bluebonnet Inn, a 21,000 word short story.
LeAnne Bristow’s manuscript, The Rebel’s Homecoming, won the inspirational category of The Windy City’s Four Season Contest.
Regina Morris has earned her pro pin for Reliant Service. Her 83,500 word manuscript sold to Silkhaven Publishing, LLC.
FTHRW 2014 Member News
Kathryn Daugherty‘s novel, A Case of Hearts, placed first in the Reader’s Choice Award for Single Title/Mainstream cover in the Houston Bay Area’s Judge a Book By Its Cover contest.
Josie Dennis announces her subsequent sale of Trevor’s Truth to Siren-BookStrand. This is the seventh book in her Lords of Hawksfell Manor series, Historical MMF Erotic Romances.
JoMarie DeGioia announces the release of her short contemporary, Finding Harmony, from Bailey Park Publishing
JoMarie DeGioia announces the subsequent sale of her Regency-Private series, The Hideaway, from Lachesis Publishing, Inc.
Amy Villalba – Storm Redemption – contemporary. This is book 3 in her Storm Damages Series, Hearts Afire Publishing
Wendi Sotis – The Keys for Love – a short contemporary
Evelyn Timidaiski earned her Pro pin for her manuscript Jungle Bloom.
Evelyn Timidaiski was a finalist in the Winter Rose Contest for her entry Tiponi-Child of Hope.
Cai Smith, writing as Marilu Mann, Changing Paths – an erotic paranormal. This is book 4 in her Lusting Wild Series with Ellora’s Cave.
Cai Smith also made the May USAToday.com list for hot new romances.
Ana Morgan was a finalist in the Wisconsin Fab 5 and The Utah Great Beginnings contests with her entry Stormy Hawkins.
Carol Malone – Articles for Writing – published by The Writer’s Time Zone.
Kathryn Daugherty was a finalist in the Midwest Independent Publishers Association Book Awards Contest in the Fiction Romance category for her book A Case of Hearts.
Jill James – The Reluctant Bride – a short contemporary. The Reluctant Bride was also part of the Weddings on Main Street boxed set.
Rebecca Gonzalez, writing as Jo Grafford, Breaking Ties, publisher Astraea Press.
Josie Dennis – Trevor’s Truth, a historical, publisher Siren Publishers.
Rusty Keller w/a Kasey Lane is a finalist in The Tara with her entry All of You.
Wendi Sotis has released her historical book The Gypsy Blessing on audiobook. 11 hours 17 minutes.
Ashley York has published her second book, The Saxon Bride, a historical romance set in England after the Battle of Hastings.
Jennifer Brit’s book The Best Intentions was mention in the USA Today article State of Romance: Virginia really is for Lovers. http://www.usatoday.com/story/happyeverafter/2014/06/25/state-of-romance-kim-lowe-virginia/11321781/
Tamara Ferguson’s book Tales of the Dragon Book II: In Flight is a finalist in the 2014 Readers’ Favorite Book Awards in the category romantic suspense.
Sandra Cox’s book Tall, Dark and Undead, published by Ellora’s Cave, has been nominated for a Golden Ankh award in the Blush Division.
Sandra Cox has also released Odin Cats, a 40,000 word young adult story with Muse It Up Publishing.
Stacey Brutger has released Coveted. The story of a woman who stumbles across a Scottish werewolf imprisoned in a thousand-year old dungeon.
Evelyn Timidaiski – First Sale – Holly and Snowflake Christmas – a 40,000 word contemporary to Desert Breeze Publishing
Ann Bracken – First Book – The Ropes – a 90,000 word historical
LeAnne Bristow has earned her Pro pin for The Rebel’s Homecoming
LeAnne Bristow is also a finalist in the Lone Star Writing Competition for her entry The Rebel’s Homecoming.
Arwen Lynch will be authoring the Fairy Tale Lenormand with art by Lisa Hunt. This 36 card deck is under contract with U.S. Games.
Renee Ann Miller won the historical category of The Connecticut Write Stuff Contest for her entry The Impetuous Miss Milton
Rusty Keller w/a Kasey Lane won the single title contemporary category of The Tara Contest for her entry All of You.
Catherine Chant has sold Lost Without You. A 24,000 word young adult story to Soul Mate Novella.
Wendi Sotis has released Foundation of Love (The Gypsy Blessing 2). This paranormal romance is 114,000 words.
Katie Meyer is a top 25 finalist in Harlequin’s So You Think You Can Write Contest with her entry Paradise Found. The contest received nearly 500 entries.
Anna Sugden’s A Perfect Distraction, a Harlequin Super Romance, won the GRW Maggie Award of Excellence for Published Authors in the Contemporary Series category.
Also, Anna Sugden’s A Perfect Distraction won NJRW’s Golden Leaf 2014 Award for Best First Book!
Ashley York earned her Pro pin.
Renee Ann Miller won the historical category of The Emerald City Opener for her entry, The Impetuous Miss Milton.
Carol Newhouse had two stories, The Fifth Digit and Exercise Blues, included in The Toronto Sisters in Crime Anthology The Whole She-Bang 2.
LeAnne Bristow’s manuscript, The Rebel’s Homecoming, is a finalist in the Windy City’s Four Seasons Contest and the ACFW’s First Impressions contest. This manuscript also placed 3rd in the NWHRWA Lone Star Contest.
Regina Morris’ manuscript, untitled at this time, won the Houston Writers Guild’s Fall writing contest for published authors in the category of paranormal/sci-fi/fantasy. This is the 5th novel in her Colony Series.
Maureen Bonatch’s new release, Destiny Calling, a paranormal, will be released by The Wild Rose Press this month.
Arlene (Arlie) Adams will release four books in The Orchid Collection this month. The Heat at The Orchid Hotel, Magic at The Camas Inn, Seduction at The Desert Candle, and Summer at The Wild Rose.
Jill James sold Love in the Time of Zombies to Gray Sweater Press.
FTHRW 2013 Member News
Emma Leigh Reed has released her new Romantic Suspense, TRUSTING LOVE, on CreateSpace
Kathryn Daugherty has released her new long contemporary, A CASE OF HEARTS, published by The Write Place
Carol Malone has published her first novel, a romantic suspense titled, FIGHT CARD ROMANCE: LADIES NIGHT
Sandy James signed a two book deal with Grand Central Forever Yours for a new series–THE LADIES WHO LUNCH with .
Sandy James has won her second HOLT Medallion for her story, RULES OF THE GAME! This book also finaled in the Aspen Gold Readers Choice, the Award of Excellence Readers Choice, and Golden Quill.
Anna Sugden announces the subsequent sale of RESCUING JENNY to Harlequin Super-Romance in a 3-book deal for the New Jersey Ice Cats series. The first book in the series, A PERFECT DISTRACTION, is out Sept 2013.
JoMarie DeGioia announces the release of her historical, JUST PERFECT, from Lachesis Publishing, Inc.
Josie Dennis announces her subsequent sale of VICTOR’S VOW to Siren-BookStrand. This is the sixth book in her Lords of Hawksfell Manor series, Historical MMF Erotic Romances set in the time of Downton Abbey.
Jennifer Fay’s second sale, SNOWBOUND WITH THE SOLDIER will be released October 2013. It is currently up for pre-sale on Amazon.
Trisha Andersen has signed with Secret Cravings Publishing to publish SORCERESS OF SAVON n in June 2013. She already has published one book with them, Black Irish, to be released in May 2013.
Josie Dennis has a release date of April, 2013 set for her fifth book of the Lords of Hawksfell Manor series. GRAHAM’S GAME is the latest in the MMF stories set in the time of Downton Abbey.
Jennifer Fay has made her first sale, RANCHER TO THE RESCUE, to Harlequin Mills & Boon Romance/Cherish. The book will be released July, 2013.
FTHRW 2012 Member News
Trisha Andersen has signed her first ever contract. Secret Cravings Publishing will publish her novel BLACK IRISH (which has already been self-published) and its two sequels.
JoMarie DeGioia’s MORE THAN PASSION has hit the Top 100 Paid Best Seller list at Amazon during December, 2012. It was also honored as the #1 Historical Romance during that time frame.
Josie Dennis’s MATTHEW’S MASK is the third in her Lords of Hawksfell Manor series and was released in November, 2012. DEREK’S DARE, book 4, follows in January 2013. PATRICK’S PLEDGE, book 2 in the series was released in October, 2012.
JoMarie DeGioia’s MORE THAN CHARMING has been released in November, 2012. It is the third book in the Dashing Nobles series of Regency-set Historicals by Lachesis Publishing.
Maree Anderson’s LIMINAL has won the Editor’s Choice division of the RWNZ Strictly Single contest.
Mia Celeste’s DARK BRINGER placed fourth in the Utah RWA Chapter’s 2012 Heart of the West Writers Contest.
Emma Leigh Reed – MIRRORED DECEPTION, September 2012, Createspace
Josie Dennis is celebrating the Siren-BookStrand release of GABRIEL’S GUESTS. The 27,000-word historical novel is part of the Lords of Hawksfell Manor book series.
Diana Belchase is a 2012 Golden Heart finalist in Romantic Suspense and is celebrating the honor with her new agent, Nephele Tempest of the Knight Agency. Diana was a Golden Heart winner in 2011 with SPY IN THE MIRROR.
Mia Celeste has won first place in the Paranormal Division of the East Texas 2012 Southern Contest with DARK BRINGER. This work also took first place in the Specialized Category in the 2012 Great Expectations Contest.
Terry Spear has a subsequent sale with A SEAL WOLF CHRISTMAS with Sourcebooks. The 100,000-word novel follows Navy Seal Bjornolf Jorgenson and undercover operative Anna Johnson as they investigate a murder at a Christmas Tree Farm.
Sandy James has released RULES OF THE GAME on April 2nd. She is also celebrating being contracted by Carina Press for a 4-book, Amazon Sisterhood series.
JoMarie DeGioia has a subsequent sale with MORE THAN PASSION with Lachesis/Sinful Moments Press. The book Geoffrey and Becca’s story and comes before PRIDE AND FIRE.
Josie Dennis has a subsequent sale with WICKED PERSUASION with Siren-Bookstrand. The book is the 8th in her Classics Rekindled series of M/F/M books.
Judi Phillips has a subsequent sale with WISHES AND DREAMS with Whispers Publishing. The release features the story of a grumpy old sea captain interfering with the opening of a cafe in his ancestral home.
Mia Celeste’s DARK BRINGER finalized in the Specialized (Futuristic/Fantasy/Time Travel/Paranormal) Category of 2012 NTRWA’s Great Expectations Contest.
Christine Wingate is celebrating her first release on January 29th. HIS ESCAPE ARTIST, a 99-cent e-book is available via Amazon.com.
Jennifer Faye has won the Windy City Four Seasons Contest for THE RANCHER’S SECOND CHANCE and received a request from the Three Seas Literary Agency.
JoMarie DeGioia (w/a Josie Dennis) will have her sixth and seventh books in her Classics Rekindled Series released in February and April 2012. Both works are inspired by Jane Austen’s Northanger Abbey.