Reply To: 2018 Nov. Meeting: Contest Overhaul Committee

Home Forums FTH PRIVATE Board Forum 2018 Nov. Meeting: Contest Overhaul Committee Reply To: 2018 Nov. Meeting: Contest Overhaul Committee

CPRider

I’m excited! If we do have more than one contest, we could do one for published authors (cover contest, readers contest, ect) and one for unpublished.

It’ll be fun!

I think so, too. It would keep interest going in the chapter. We’d have to figure out how to judge it, though, as doing another full-on contest would be tough. If we could somehow figure out a way to let the chapter judge, say with a flash fiction contest, we’d keep the entries anonymous and do a “popular vote wins.”  I’d like to look into this. Maybe do an unofficial one on social media? If not a true flash fiction, then maybe a “best first line” sort of thing. We could offer Amazon cards or FTH workshops (to non-members)  as prizes. Something to discuss on the contest forum, for sure.

With that sort of contest, I think our focus is chapter promotion–at least, in the beginning. With our main contest, it’s chapter revenue. The two certainly overlap, but I think it’s good to know what we’re focusing on.

I should repost this is the contest overhaul forum. Why don’t I think of these things when I’m on that forum? 😉

Cheryl

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us