Reply To: Post Week 52 Totals (and new goals) Here!

Home Forums Productivity Forum Post Week 52 Totals (and new goals) Here! Reply To: Post Week 52 Totals (and new goals) Here!

CPRider

I know, right? Deign. My mom used to use that word with me when I was a kid! Neither of us finished college, but we both read a lot. That wasn’t the worst of it, either.

When I judge an entry, I picture the author as a friend. I want to give guidance and good input on how I think they might improve the story, but I also want them to be encouraged. I have seen some really mean judges. So mean they flipped the corner and became comical. A caricature of a “mean contest judge.”

Thanks, Mona. 🙂 I’m going to try harder to delete them from my brain. You know, I never had trouble shutting it out until this last year. Maybe it’s because I was already frustrated and doubting myself. I really don’t know why, but this is coming to a halt. I’m determined.

Cheryl

The fact that the judge didn’t know what “deign” meant makes me wonder if s/he owns a dictionary. Or reads. I often wonder if judges who go out of their way to be harsh are frustrated with their own writing. I’ve only entered 3 contests and when I got the feedback, I read it and promptly forgot it. Not on purpose, but my brain is so cluttered it has to dump something. LOL

Don’t let them get to you. Take a page out of my book and delete them from your brain. You’ll feel much better.

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us