Reply To: Zara West Submissions

Home Forums Critique Forum Zara West Submissions Reply To: Zara West Submissions

Zara West
Participant

Hi again,

Here is that same rewrite I just posted with Jen’s suggestions worked in.  Zara

He stared at the luggage. “You’re leaving Jana?”

She nodded. “The idea that she had dealings with that slimebag Wheeler. Let him in our apartment. Ugh.” She slipped a flash drive out of her pocket and handed it to him. “Jax Wheeler won’t be bothering anyone for a very long time. I forwarded the surveillance video to my poppa, the district attorney. He and Jana will be facing real estate fraud charges.”

“Couldn’t happen to a more deserving crook. Sorry about Jana, though. I think her heart was in the right place. Just chose the wrong tactics.”

“Jana will have to find another honeybun to warm her bed—in prison. You don’t show your love by destroying the lives of other people. ”

Mic swallowed a curse and stepped into the elevator. He stared at the floor numbers whirring past. Harmond was right. Jana Firth had destroyed him. He’d been played the fool and seen his dreams broken into a thousand pieces. He’d lost his money and his reputation. He’d lost the chance to build his bridge.

Those things he might survive. But losing the woman he loved? He’d never recover from that.

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us