Reply To: Post Week 5 Totals (and new goals) Here

Home Forums Productivity Forum Post Week 5 Totals (and new goals) Here Reply To: Post Week 5 Totals (and new goals) Here

CPRider

Hi Delali!

That’s a fantastic goal. A positive side effect of that is you’ll have a 7-day writing chain when you’re finished!

Thanks for the encouragement. I have a terrible case of comparison-itis that I need to get past. I always feel that I should be doing more because Writer A and Writer B are doing more, but I’m slowly learning that I get more done when I stay in my own lane.

Sending you creative good vibes for a productive week! 🙂

Cheryl

Hi, everyone!

GOAL: My goal this week is to write and/or edit one scene every day.

I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’m a slow writer and agonize over words, so during my 9-12pm writing sessions, that’s probably as much as I’ll get done. On a good day, I’ll work on two or three scenes before I’m mentally exhausted.

I agree with Paul Gauguin’s quote. That’s why I try to make my goals related to how much I produce instead of how long I’m “working.” I can sit at the computer for one hour, doing “research”, and actually not get closer to a completed story. I also work better under pressure. So if I know I have to get a specific amount done in a certain period of time, I usually accomplish it. Output over activity, absolutely.

By the way, Cheryl, it seems like you are EXTREMELY productive. I need to kick it up a few notches!

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us