Reply To: LESSON THREE: HOMEWORK

Home Forums WRITING KICK-BUTT ACTION-ADVENTURE LESSON THREE: HOMEWORK Reply To: LESSON THREE: HOMEWORK

Linnea Sinclair
Participant

re: Seven Tears

The world is our everyday world with these supernatural creatures sharing it with humans. They just take human form and try to fly under the radar. Here is the skinny on Selkies: Seven tears into the ocean will summon a selkie. Selkies are seals who once they shed their skins take human form. <SNIP>. No magical powers. The puka(mine is the hero’s best friend) is a shape-shifting mischievous spirit that can take any form and aside from their long lifespan–no magical powers. So aside from the supernatural beings this could be a straight bodyguard/human trafficking story–but where’s the fun in that?

There is an other antagonist besides the husband and that’s the hit man who is basically looking for those sex-tapes for his client.

Does that help clear things up?

Dory

I’m familiar with the basic/usual Selkie lore used in paranormal romances, but I’m never sure what spin (if any) a writer puts on the “usual Selkie (or other) lore,” so I ask questions. If yours have no other paranormal powers, then that’s fine.

So you have two antagonists–1) hubby  2) hit man. That’s good stuff, and lots of play with in setting up conflict there.

//Interstellar Adventure Infused with Romance//
www.linneasinclair.com

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us