Reply To: Kevin Ryan submissions

Home Forums Critique Forum Kevin Ryan submissions Reply To: Kevin Ryan submissions

Kevin Ryan
Participant

Hello all,

Attached, please find about 4,000 words I plan on submitting to a contest.  It is the first chapter of a half of a 65,000 word novel.  Be warned, it hasn’t been through the editing stage.  I’ve read the MS, self-edited and rewritten it so many time I can’t see the errors any more.  Your thoughts are always welcome.

Here is the back cover blurb:

The Assistant

A Romantic Suspense Novel

Elizabeth Forbes is the definition of high powered.  She is also the definition of impossible to work for.  She goes through executive assistants like other people go through dryer sheets.

Thomas Prescott is intelligent, talented, always composed and impossible to dislike.  He has been assigned to Elizabeth as an executive assistant.  There are only two differences between Thomas and the long succession of EA’s Elizabeth has run off.  He can’t be fired and he is able to remain unruffled in the face of her tantrums and demands.

Opposites attract and soon they can’t deny their immediate, emotional and risky attraction or ignore the steamy chemistry that develops between them.

Playing business hardball is a dangerous game.  When tech entrepreneur Edward Scripts and his up-and-coming firm is rejected by Elizabeth for a stock offering, he takes brutal revenge against her.

Elizabeth and Thomas must unite to get out of the crosshairs and expose the naked greed and corruption of a madman intent on derailing the democratic process.

Everything will pivot on The Assistant.

Many thanks,

Kevin

Kevin

Attachments:
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us