Reply To: Post Week 24 Totals & Goals Here

Home Forums Productivity Forum Post Week 24 Totals & Goals Here Reply To: Post Week 24 Totals & Goals Here

Caro Kinkead
Participant

Okay, so last week, I did something that really boosted my productivity. Sarra Cannon hosted a Sprint Challenge, so for five days, those participating did sprints of different lengths at different times of the day. For example, on the first day, you were supposed to do at least three 10-minute sprints before 10 AM. Second day, we did two 25 minute sprints in the afternoon, then three 15-minute sprints after dinner on the third. For the fourth and fifth, there was more mixing up and then figuring out what time lengths and time periods seem to be the most productive. I’m a 20-25 minute sprinter in the AM. Unless I’m working at Starbucks. Then, 10-minute sprints work best because the environment can be distracting.

I wrote 20,726 words last week. That’s a personal best, and I think the closest I’ve come to that before was back in 2003 when I wrote what turned out to be the last big Buffy the Vampire Slayer re-run hell fanfic, writing, editing and posting 3,000-5,000 words a day for six weeks. Burned myself out after that one. Don’t feel burned out after this — and I had two 4,000+ word days.

Now, these are spectacular results and your mileage will definitely vary, but if folks are interested, I’ll post at least the basic formula we used, including how to figure what your best sprint times are. Sarra’s also talking about running the challenge every quarter, so I’ll give a heads up when the next round comes up.

This week, I’m passing through the middle of my book and heading straight for the Black Moment and the Climax. Those two are the most solid portions of the book, so I’m hoping to get close to the end of Act Three by Sunday, aiming for around 17,000 words.

Have a good week everyone.

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us