Reply To: Post Week 31 Totals & New Goals Here

Home Forums Productivity Forum Post Week 31 Totals & New Goals Here Reply To: Post Week 31 Totals & New Goals Here

Caro Kinkead
Participant

Does anyone else struggle with perfectionism, particularly in their writing career?

All. The. Freakin’. Time.  :: glares at revisions ::

It’s a constant struggle and I think sometimes it’s not “perfectionism” so much as fear of letting go. I’m working on that as well. I did, however, find a Steinbeck quote that I want to get framed and put where I can see it regularly:

And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.

Went missing for a few weeks because I had a bit of a crisis: I realized I was unemployed. As in, I don’t have a job and the money from the severance package and unemployment will end just before the end of October. Husband looked at me in surprise. “Now? You were told in March, left in April, and you’re having your crisis in July?” I didn’t stop writing, but I hermitted a bit, with the odd social media posting.

I’ve mostly worked through that now, and am moving again. We’ve made the decision that I won’t look for a consulting gig until December — which will be trying to set up work for the New Year. By that time, The Accidental Viscountess should be out and (hopefully) earning money. Book 2 should be near completion of its cycle and out in the first month or two of 2020, with Book 3 following in the late spring. That will mean three books out before RWA 2020 — which I’m going to. But only if I’m at least PAN provisional. (Husband and I agree that if I can’t get a book out after eight months of writing full-time, we need to re-look at things.)

This week I’m focusing on revisions and hopefully booking my cover designer. I’m getting started in promoting my existing book on NaNoWriMo, and will be contacting blogs about reviews, guests posts, etc. Plus work on a super-secret project I’m not certain is going to come off or not. 🙂

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us