Reply To: Productivity Tools

Home Forums Productivity Forum Productivity Tools Reply To: Productivity Tools

CPRider

I wanted to post about a book I picked up recently called, Dear Writer, You Need to Quit by Becca Syme.

I’m a bit of a productivity book junkie, I admit it. But this book is the book that should come before the other productivity books. I will say, the title was so offputting to me that I resisted picking it up when it first came out, and if you’re sensitive to that sort of language, by all means, give it a pass. The truth is, though, it’s really not about quitting writing (though that is in there)  but about figuring out why some things work for you and some don’t. It’s about helping you see that building strengths rather than weaknesses just makes more sense.

I recently watched a FB webinar with Becca and it was very informative. She offers classes on her website and has a Youtube channel, too. Here’s a video about writer burnout and “Energy Pennies” https://youtu.be/5-PUWCs6Vmo

I don’t know Becca personally and have no affiliation with her or her classes. This is just something I came across and found helpful. As always, your mileage may vary. 🙂

Cheryl

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us