Reply To: Branding Plan Basics Webinar Wednesday (Tonight) at 5PM PST

Home Forums Main Forum Branding Plan Basics Webinar Wednesday (Tonight) at 5PM PST Reply To: Branding Plan Basics Webinar Wednesday (Tonight) at 5PM PST

Merien Grey
Keymaster

Good morning everyone!

We are preparing for our webinar this evening (which I am teaching! I’m excited!). We have a considerable number of new members since the last webinar so I wanted to drop in early and let everyone know how it will work.

At about 4:30PM Pacific I will post a link and some other information as to how to get to the virtual “classroom”. The webinar will begin at 5PM. You can “click in” anytime once the link is posted then mute yourself until class starts if you like so if any problems arise we have time to try to fix them. For the vast majority of you, you can simply click on the link. You will be asked to download a plug-in (not a full suite of software), please say yes, and the window will pop open and there you will be. As soon as the webinar is over you can remove the plug in if you like. It is small and only facilitates the window opening on your machine. Your window will open with you muted so you don’t disturb anything already going on. Look to the lower left of your screen and you will see a microphone icon. If you want to talk simply click it and everyone can hear you. There is also a video icon right beside it. If you are uncomfortable with being seen you can click that as well and we will only see a stock photo the software contains or one you have loaded if you have attended a webinar with us before. The video will be visible almost instantly but the audio feed takes anywhere from 10 seconds to 3 minutes to stabilize, if your feed sounds weird when you click in give it a few minutes, everyone’s machine is different and how long this takes depends in each person’s equipment, not the software. So please be patient and it will normally smooth out just fine.

During the webinar if you are not muted and there is noise in the background I will mute you. Some folks unknowingly have really sensitive mics that pick up and magnify all sorts of things they don’t hear on their machine but that the rest of the class can. It’s nothing personal if you get muted 🙂

If you have internet that is a little slow you may wish to ask family members to avoid things like streaming video, streaming live feeds, or downloading large files during the class. It will cause your video feed to freeze for a few seconds at a time.

If the video freezes, give it a moment and it will typically snap back to where ever we are momentarily. This happens if the user has slow internet or not enough internet to carry the signal well (see previous line). Normally, this happens when someone is watching Netflix or something similar in another room 🙂 Be aware, if the VIDEO freezes the AUDIO does not. So if you are not muted you can still be heard quite well 😀 Normally, I have an email screen up while I am moderating classes to help with this but tonight I am teaching so please click in early so if there is a problem we can fix it before hand.

Please be a few minutes early. I close the sessions to members joining at the scheduled start. Each time someone joins there is a ping and notification to other members. This is fine prior to class, but distracting to all once we begin. Therefore, I will “close the door” at 5PM (OK, so normally I don’t close up until after the intro and all the admin at the beginning but don’t be super late or you will get the no new entries message). If you are indeed late, you will get a message that you can’t join. This is why.

Our webinars can also be accessed via audio if you can’t, or don’t wish to make the video session. The invitation I will post this afternoon will have call in instructions as well. That is just fine too.

I am “here” and available for questions already. You can email me direct at meriengrey@yahoo.com if you have any questions about how this will go.

Quick reminder that the class handout will come out later today.

See you all soon and welcome to our Fall Webinar Series!!

Warm Regards,

Merien

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us