Reply To: Post Week 39 Totals & New Goals Here

Home Forums Productivity Forum Post Week 39 Totals & New Goals Here Reply To: Post Week 39 Totals & New Goals Here

The Book Lovers Con is March 18th thru the 22nd in Nashville. I’ve posted the link below. It’s put on by Jo Carol Jones, who also organized the now defunct RT Booklovers Convention for many years. I don’t know if you’ve ever been, but it’s a blast. Where the RWA conference is dedicated to business, BLC is dedicated to getting readers, booksellers, librarians, agents, editors, publishers, and authors together in a party atmosphere. I always work myself silly, but I’ve been going for ten years and volunteering for nine. Since Jo lives within 30 minutes of me, I end up doing stuff all year long to get ready for it, but I enjoy it or I wouldn’t bother.

I think I have pics on my FB page of some of the decorations I made, including the boat I sweet-talked my hubby into building. I drew it, he cut it out and put it together, and I painted it. Pam Johnson (w/a Amanda McIntyre) was ecstatic when she saw it because it was for the faerie ball she was sponsoring. She and I along with several others worked eight hours setting up the decor for that party because it was so massive. It was also gorgeous. Like I said, lots of work, but loads of fun. And the readers love it.

https://www.bookloverscon.com/

Nice squeaking, Mona!

When’s the convention?

Cheryl

I just realized it was Wednesday and I hadn’t reported in, but I barely squeaked past my goal with 3022 words. I’m working on convention decorations and it’s so time consuming that I’ve started listening to audiobooks again.

Mona Enderli
w/a Merit Fynn

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us