Reply To: DISCLAIMER AND INTRO – HOOK ‘EM DANO

Home Forums HOOK ‘EM DANO DISCLAIMER AND INTRO – HOOK ‘EM DANO Reply To: DISCLAIMER AND INTRO – HOOK ‘EM DANO

Linnea Sinclair

Really struggling with multitasking other demands so that I can focus.  Am realizing the rest of life will never settle down enough to just focus on this, so need to get disciplined.  Hoping to get enough framework in place to sit down and finish these.

Totally, absolutely. All writers struggle with real life and the good FICTIONAL life and the time to do both sufficiently. My best writing times are between 11pm and 3am. Can’t do laundry or clean house or I’ll wake the hubs. Nothing to watch on TV (though I rarely watch TV unless it’s HOMETOWN or THE FIRST 48…). Phone doesn’t ring, texts don’t happen. No choice but… write in blissful solitude (other than four insane cats).

This is also where your toolbox tips will come in handy. They can give you focus, they can give you a method to TRY at that point. Rather than just flailing at a rewrite, you rewrite with a purpose. Let me apply this tip and see what happens… 

Don’t sweat the entire MS as a whole. Focus on THAT scene or–yes, sometimes it’s that small–THAT paragraph.

//Interstellar Adventure Infused with Romance//
www.linneasinclair.com

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us