Reply To: Student: Cynthia Young Homework Thread

Home Forums HOOK ‘EM DANO Student: Cynthia Young Homework Thread Reply To: Student: Cynthia Young Homework Thread

Cynthia Capley
Participant

<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Lesson One Homework – Cynthia</span></p>
<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>The sense of urgency and curiosity in writing a story is one I’ve tried to create in my stories. The goal is to keep reader’s turning the pages wanting to find out what happens next.</span></p>
<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>I’ve never considered the brain’s wiring from the survival standpoint—reading about characters navigating difficult situations in order in order to be prepared for a similar situation. </span></p>
<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>I think I do tend to focus more on prose in my writing. It’s something I’ll need to be aware of and change the focus of in my own writing to one of continually creating curiosity in the reader to keep them turning pages to find out what happens next. </span></p>
<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>There was the point to give specifics. It’s not something I’ve really considered and that if as a writer one can’t see it then readers can’t either. </span></p>
<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>I tend to be too nice to my characters although I know it needs to be there. Conflict is something I need to work on in my own writing. </span></p>
<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>What occurred to me as I read Lisa Cron’s last point of if, then… and the story needing to make sense is that it’s something that should come out naturally from writing Scenes and Sequels. </span></p>
<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>The two articles are very interesting and I’ll be reading her books to get more in depth into the concepts. </span></p>

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us