Reply To: Student: Joanna Kush Homework Thread

Home Forums HOOK ‘EM DANO Student: Joanna Kush Homework Thread Reply To: Student: Joanna Kush Homework Thread

Linnea Sinclair

Let me see if my cut/paste works:

JOANNA’S REPLY – LESSON 2

First selection: D (out of touch woman, bad smell at house)

1. change in the opener/signs of change:  the smell emanating from the house/change in being unreachable for three weeks.
  2. emotions generated/relationship to fear: could be fear of mutilation, not knowing what waits inside; autonomy not knowing the physical challenge inside; separation a loss of connectedness to MaryLou because it’s becoming first the fear that this is the case and then seeing her body and knowing it is true.
  3. I like the narration style, you know his feelings and the dread and thought process. It feels contemporary and that’s my preferred setting.

Second selection: F (purchase of haunted house)

1. change in the opener/signs of change: boyfriend/partner has bought a haunted house; they’re looking for a project and this could be it.
  2. emotions generated/relationship to fear: maybe Separation a loss of connection if Derek wants to do something with this house that doesn’t involve the narrator.  More so it feels like excitement  at the prospect of a project because she doesn’t seem bothered or believing that the house is haunted.
  3. I chose this again because I like what felt like the contemporary setting and style of narration.

//Interstellar Adventure Infused with Romance//
www.linneasinclair.com

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us