July 11, 2020 at 4:16 pm #42441
Let me see if my cut/paste works:
JOANNA’S REPLY – LESSON 2
First selection: D (out of touch woman, bad smell at house)
- change in the opener/signs of change: the smell emanating from the house/change in being unreachable for three weeks.
- emotions generated/relationship to fear: could be fear of mutilation, not knowing what waits inside; autonomy not knowing the physical challenge inside; separation a loss of connectedness to MaryLou because it’s becoming first the fear that this is the case and then seeing her body and knowing it is true.
- I like the narration style, you know his feelings and the dread and thought process. It feels contemporary and that’s my preferred setting.
Second selection: F (purchase of haunted house)
- change in the opener/signs of change: boyfriend/partner has bought a haunted house; they’re looking for a project and this could be it.
- emotions generated/relationship to fear: maybe Separation a loss of connection if Derek wants to do something with this house that doesn’t involve the narrator. More so it feels like excitement at the prospect of a project because she doesn’t seem bothered or believing that the house is haunted.
- I chose this again because I like what felt like the contemporary setting and style of narration.
//Interstellar Adventure Infused with Romance//