Reply To: Student: Brenda Davis Homework Thread

Home Forums HOOK ‘EM DANO Student: Brenda Davis Homework Thread Reply To: Student: Brenda Davis Homework Thread

rebecca.rector
Participant

Pull some of your favorite books off your shelf, get out a highlighter, and NOTE where and why the opening pages grab you.

I love this idea. Here are a few of mine and I immediately see a common factor of starting in the middle of the action, with no set up.
“You might want to sit down.” (prologue beginning)
“Captain, we have a problem.” (Games of command)

It wasn’t the first time Gillie had hazily regained consciousness flat on her back in sick bay, feeling stiff and out of sorts. And unable to account for a missing two or three hours. Pub-crawling did have its side effects.

But it was the first time she’d been unable to account for a missing two or three hundred years. Not even a week of pub-crawling could explain that. (Accidental goddess)

Only fools boast they have no fears. I thought of that as I pulled the blade of my dagger from the Takan guard’s throat, my hand shaking, my heart pounding in my ears, my skin cold from more than just the chill in the air. (Gabriel’s ghost)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by rebecca.rector. Reason: to get rid of the visible HTML code
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us