Reply To: Student: Ellen Gilman Homework Thread

Home Forums HOOK ‘EM DANO Student: Ellen Gilman Homework Thread Reply To: Student: Ellen Gilman Homework Thread

Linnea Sinclair

I love this<span class=””Apple-converted-space””>  </span>book and this series because of the comedic interplay between the characters.I can just picture Scarlett eating her MoonPie and Viv, her cousin, knowing her so well she knows what she is doing.<span class=””Apple-converted-space””>  </span>I also like that there is an element of suspense in that I am left to wonder what happened to Scarlett that her career imploded on her, and now I am left to wonder if she will go to London to run a hat shop. I just looked back at the categories and I also think of this book opening as “Strong Sensations” because I can totally picture Scarlett eating her MoonPie. I can identity with Scarlett because when she is upset she eats….something lots of us do!!!!

LOLOL! The Moon Pie bit got me right away too. Wonderful stuff (both the set up and the Moon Pie.) Yes, definitely strong sensations because Moon Pies are a very specific cookie (pastry?). Okay, junk food. And it shows us so many things about the MC without info dumping.

Plus the Moon Pie juxtaposed with the request (demand?) to come to London to run a hat shop business is adorable.

I hope there’s a dog somewhere in that favorite story!

//Interstellar Adventure Infused with Romance//
www.linneasinclair.com

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us