Reply To: Student: Kate MacEachern Homework Thread

Home Forums HOOK ‘EM DANO Student: Kate MacEachern Homework Thread Reply To: Student: Kate MacEachern Homework Thread

Linnea Sinclair

From Fantasy Novel The Black Prism by Brent Weeks – the series I am currently reading my way through and recommending to everyone.  For me there’s a sense of foreboding and desperation/danger in the old battlefield, the dangerous animals, and Kip’s determination to press on because he needs money – he is the breadwinner for his family though young and poor. That’s motive and sensory details and a lot of information about the character with humor at the end – the well-marbled Kip. I guess that falls into anecdote with a spice of prediction. Basically, this is a character I like in a tough situation whose getting on with what needs to be done when others would turn back. And I’m getting hints of a deep and interesting world.

It was interesting enough I Googled it: http://www.brentweeks.com/writing/the-black-prism/chapters-one/

Very well crafted. yes. Definitely a character in a tough situation, having to do what needs to be done in spite of all the risks. I too love that theme and feel. I love watching an author work words.

//Interstellar Adventure Infused with Romance//
www.linneasinclair.com

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us