Reply To: Student: Ellen Gilman Homework Thread

Home Forums HOOK ‘EM DANO Student: Ellen Gilman Homework Thread Reply To: Student: Ellen Gilman Homework Thread

Ana Morgan
Participant

Seven p.m. Go home or talk to her dad.

Earlier in the day Daisy had rung his assistant about her dad’s plans. He had a dinner engagement at 8.

So…confront him now or wait.

She went with now.

His outer office door was open. Mary Louise’s desk was cleared off, so it was safe to assume she’d left for the day.

His private office door was closed.

She knocked.

His voice boomed out, “Come in.”

She sucked in a deep breath, entered, and stood behind the chair across from his massive desk. . Easier to make a quick getaway if he….. SHOWING HER NERVOUSNESS

“I thought I might see you again today.” Her dad’s piercing dark eyes threatened her composure. His tightly folded arms across his chest didn’t help.

She forced herself not to squirm. A show of confidence was absolutely imperative.

“I’ve groomed you for five years, and you’re considering turning down lead lawyer for the B P group?”

No point in trying to be tactful. She braced her hands on the back of the chair.“Mom fell and broke her wrist. She needs my help with the shop.”

Her dad’s face darkened. “So that’s more important than accepting lead council for Braxton? I’m disappointed in you, Daisy. I really am. It seems you don’t have the hard driving nature I thought you did.”

She chewed her lip. She was not about to argue the point with a master litigator. She’d never win. “I’ll only be gone for about ten days. Braxton can do without me.”

“Of course they can. They can deal with Sondra instead.”

SHE HAS TO FEEL THE ANGER BUILDING INSIDE. TIME TO LET HIM HAVE IT. N0 MORE HOLDING BACK, BEING FORCED TO BE IN THE MIDDLE BETWEEN HIM AND HER  MOM.

“Dad,” she howled HOWL implies CHILDISH, to me. . no longer able to hold in her feelings. “You see red whenever I mention Mom. You’ve been divorced for years. Get over it. if you were being honest, you’d AGREE she’d never call and FORCE ME TO between the two of you, but she’s stuck.”

She rose out of the chair and splayed her hands across his desk making sure to glare at him. “I’m going home. Next decision is in your court, counselor.”

It was time to show her dad she was stronger than he thought. She flipped around, stood straight, held her head up and left.

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us