Reply To: Student: Ellen Gilman Homework Thread

Home Forums HOOK ‘EM DANO Student: Ellen Gilman Homework Thread Reply To: Student: Ellen Gilman Homework Thread

ellen.gilman
Participant

Ana thanks for the edits. They were great! I used them, but I used a toolbox tool that Linnea taught me for changing the sentence where Daisy howled. I don’t remember what Linnea called it (I believe it had a name) but I had Daisy admit howling was childish because that’s how I saw the scene from her POV. She feels intimidated by her dad so she loses her composure and resorts to a childish behavior.

Linnea did I solve the craft problem with my change.

“I thought I might see you again today.” Her dad’s piercing dark eyes threatened her composure.His tightly folded arms across his chest didn’t help.

She forced herself not to squirm and show weakness. A show of confidence was absolutely imperative while she waited for her dad to pounce.

“Would you like to explain to me why after grooming you for five years you’re considering turning down lead lawyer for the B P group?”

No point in trying to be tactful. She dropped the bombshell.“Mom fell and broke her wrist. She needs my help with the shop.”

Her dad’s face darkened. She braced her hands on the armchair. “So that’s what is more important than accepting lead council for Braxton? I’m disappointed in you Daisy. It seems you don’t have the hard driving nature i thought you did.”

She chewed her lip. She was not about to argue the point with a master litigator. She’d never win. “I’ll only be gone for about ten days. Braxton can do without me.”

“Of course they can. They can deal with Sondra instead.”

“Dad.” she howled instantly regretting her childish response, but no longer able to hold in her feelings.“You see red if I ever mention mom. You’ve been divorced for years. Get over it. if you were being honest with yourself you’d agree she’d never call and force me to choose between the two of you. She’s stuck.”

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by ellen.gilman.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us