I haven’t posted anything because I went down a few rabbit holes. I realized I had gaps in my research as far as photography in the Victorian era. I also realized that I have a lot of research in folders on my computer and while they are sorted by topic, I haven’t done any work to put the research together in a way that I can use it easily. I always figured that I could do keyword searches (but that doesn’t work so well if one doesn’t remember what the term is) and trying to remember where something is when you have 36+ files on a single topic, some of which are books, is challenging. So I need to take a step back and figure out how to manage the hundreds of files I have accumulated.
I also hesitated rewriting because I’m still drafting this story and since I haven’t finished any manuscripts but have a few where I had polished and re-polished the first few chapters, it felt like potentially falling into the same pattern.
Thank you for pointing out that I should include more details. The feedback you provided has been really helpful and given me things to focus on as I write going forward.