Reply To: Welcome to PTSD – research for writers wanting to get it right.

Home Forums PTSD FOR AUTHORS Welcome to PTSD – research for writers wanting to get it right. Reply To: Welcome to PTSD – research for writers wanting to get it right.

Hi guys,

So happy to see this course offered. I may be traveling during part of the time allocated for this, so my participation may be sporadic.

I am taking this class because one of my WIPs involves a hero who is near and dear to my heart. Jack is an ex-con, who was incarcerated at a young age (18ish) and was subjected to sexual assault during his beginning of his time on the inside. It’s now a dozen years later, he has served his time, and he is having problems acclimating to life on the outside. He is ostracized socially, impacting his ability to maintain a job. He is dealing with the revenge-oriented father of the person he was convicted of killing. He has spent 12 years dreaming about how he is going to recover a sunken treasure off the coast of SC, and he is scheming on how to achieve his goal. Add in one very attractive heroine who was his childhood friend, and you have a man with an awful lot on his plate.

I hope to get a better handle on PTSD symptoms, triggers, and methodology of dealing with PTSD to help present Jack realistically and help him achieve some resolution.

As far as me, I have published a number of short stories in the past, but have not finished a novel to date. I am definitely a pantzer, but I am trying to find ways to organize myself with some sort of structure so I have a good direction to work towards.

Looking forward to this!

Charlene, aka, Darby Callahan

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us