Reply To: Welcome to PTSD – research for writers wanting to get it right.

Home Forums PTSD FOR AUTHORS Welcome to PTSD – research for writers wanting to get it right. Reply To: Welcome to PTSD – research for writers wanting to get it right.

Ruchama
Participant

Hi: Ruchama Burrell here.  I am also moderating this workshop.  My father was a naval aviator. I was born in 1942. My father remained in the Navy, with the exception of a brief period when i was very young. He flew in both WWII and Korea So I grew up surrounded by men who had been marked by their experiences and their families. I head many stories of the effects of even making war from the air has on those engaged in war.  I could hear my father yelling at night when he had nightmares about the war.  (My mother told he he always said he felt he had had the best nights’ sleep when had those nightmares.)  As a result of our experiences both my brother and I became pacifists.

My novel is a Regency Romance.  Two of the central characters are suffering from PTSD. One was part of Napoleon’s Army and the other was part of the British Army.  Both suffered through the long march from Spain into Portugal and the Battle of Corunna.  The effects so of their experiences on them and on their relationships is an important aspect of the story.  I want to be able to portray them, their experiences and their relationships honestly.

Even if I weren’t writing this novel, I’d want to know more about the subject.

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us