Reply To: Introduction and Overview

Home Forums DYNAMIC DIALOG Introduction and Overview Reply To: Introduction and Overview

jeanne_moore
Participant

Hi, Allie,

I am glad to be participating in this workshop. One of my goals is to use dialogue tags effectively. I went from over using them (I found a PDF online on synonyms for said and used a different synonym every time someone spoke) to under using them to the point where I had talking heads. An editor pointed out that I need to break up the long stretches of dialogue showing emotion and action. But I don’t want to over-do that either; I want to balance dialogue and whatever make sit more effective.

Anyway, my name is Jeanne. I write historical and contemporary romance and women’s fiction and also short stories. In April, I signed a contract with The Wild Rose Press and have gone through the first-round edit for my historical romance Miller’s Cove. I am also learning how to use Kindle Direct Publishing so I can publish through Amazon.  I love The Wild Rose Press, but I can see with their royalty rate, I’m not going t make much, and will have to do all the marketing myself. Initially I wanted to be traditionally published because I wanted someone else to do the work of publishing, but now, I’m seriously questioning if traditional publishing is worth it.

Anyway, that’s my story. Looking forward to the next session.

Jeanne

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us