Reply To: 3rd Attempt: Lesson 1

Home Forums DYNAMIC DIALOG 3rd Attempt: Lesson 1 Reply To: 3rd Attempt: Lesson 1

Jan Bill
Participant

Hi- this is the third time the characters come into contact. First, the hero is in a rush and his sister doesn’t show for a meeting. Second, he cut the protagonist short when she was taking to someone else about his sister. Here, he is helping her take care of her friend who is passed out.

“You like the professional type?” A soothing voice in my ear startled me.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span>

“Oh, DeLaney? Imagine that.” I tried not to smile up at his broad shoulders and sun-kissed hair but it was no use. “I thought you weren’t speaking to me.”

“Are you always this shy about approaching a guy?” DeLaney dug his hands into his jean pockets, exposing the curve of his ripped torso.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span>

“I’m observing whether my drink grinder overheats with constant use.” I pointed my chin toward the bartender who was using my gadget. “What about you? Worried about Beth?”

“Not this again. I’m just passing by and I saw you through the door. I thought I’d see how you were coping with things,” DeLaney said with a sly raised eyebrow, but his eyes looked pained.

“Yeah. It’s great to see you again.” I scanned the room, noting how half the patrons were wearing those black suits, which seemed odd considering this was the capital for flip-flops and tie-dye. “Look. I want to figure out the connection between your sister and the sunken ships around here. I can’t walk away from this. Putting me off won’t make me go away.”

“I don’t have anything to tell. We went out diving this morning. She was excited about a find we had.”

“Seriously? You found something? You mean, gold?”

“Look, I can’t divulge details to some salesgirl.” DeLaney shook his head.

“Inventor, but don’t worry about it. So, cough it up. Where is she?”

“Are you any one of relevance in her life?” DeLaney raised his eyebrows.

“What does that mean?”

“She never mentioned you to me. As far as I can tell, you’re trying to make a big deal about her not meeting you today as a way to get attention from the media. Free publicity,” DeLaney said.

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us