Reply To: Week 38 Check-in

Home Forums Productivity Forum Week 38 Check-in Reply To: Week 38 Check-in

CPRider

That’s wonderful, Jeanne! Sounds like you’ve found a neat writing niche. I enjoy short stories and can’t wait to read some of yours.

Did you see the videos I posted on page lengths for each short read category? The guy is a little high energy, but he does provide good information. 🙂 And yes, post your links on copywriting in this post. We’d love to have the information.

I’m so glad you’re recovering from that crisis situation. Hugs.

Hi, Cheryl and all,

This week’s been productive. I averaged 1562 words per day (10,933 total for 7 days). I am really enjoying writing short stories. The stories I’m writing now are all historical set in the 1800s or early 1900s and I’m coming up with some interesting topics.

Author Deeann Gist, who writes historical romances, in an interview I watched on YouTube, said that she looks for things that happened in history that a lot of people don’t know about. I decided to to that, too. I just started a short story in which the inciting incident is the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in 1911. And the other one I am writing involves the Orphan Trains. The Children’s Aid Society in New York City took children from orphanages and arranged adoptions by families out west.

In addition, I have stared taking photographs again and came up with a collection of photos I might want to use for my book covers. I selected a group of them and registered them with the copyright office.  This is the first time I’ve ever registered anything for copyright.

If any of you in this group are interested in copyrighting your work, whether it be your novels or photographs, I found some really good tutorials on YouTube that the copyright office posted. I can post the links if anyone’s interested. What I did for the photographs is I watched the tutorial once. Then when I was ready to register my photos, I watched and listened again as I went step by step. I’d listen, the pause the vido while I followed the instructions, then when I was ready for the next step, I’d watch and listen to the portion for that step and then do the step, and continued like that until I’d completed all the steps.

So, in the last 2 weeks or so, I’ve learned how to do two things that I didn’t know how to do before. I learned how to use Kindle Direct Publishing to publish en ebook and put it on Amazon and I learned how to register with the copyright office.

I am also pulling out of the painful crisis situation that exploded a few weeks ago and have learned a great deal about dealing with adversity and overcoming it. It’s been extremely painful, but I’ve learned a lot.

Upward and onward.

Jeanne

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us