Reply To: GETTING YOUR NANO ACT TOGETHER! Intro

Home Forums GETTING YOUR NANO ACT TOGETHER AHEAD OF TIME GETTING YOUR NANO ACT TOGETHER! Intro Reply To: GETTING YOUR NANO ACT TOGETHER! Intro

beth.daniels
Participant

Hi Deb!

Yeah, usually there are so many ideas saying “pick me, pick me!” that it’s tough to decide. As I suggested in the first lecture, let’s start with your characters. Do quick interviews with each of them asking why THEY should go ahead of the characters in the other story idea, then pick the ones that seduce you the most.

Yeah on having that first completed manuscript under your belt…or maybe that should be tucked in your doc file 🙂 It’s a big step! Hey, it might be over 40 years since I finished my first manuscript but I still remember how proud of myself I was…even after I got rejections on it for another decade. But it did finally get published, along with the other two stories I wrote during that decade of rejection. My learning the ropes period. There were no classes or workshops for anyone who wanted to write genre fiction back in those Jurassic times (we still used typewriters!!!!), so you’re waaaaayyyyy ahead of the game in being here and in doing NANO. Whether you finish 50,000 (as you say you haven’t done often) you’ve still written far more words than you would have without it, right?

Remember, if you’ve got any type of question at all to do with writing genre fiction, whether it applies to this workshop or not, I’ll be glad to answer it for you.

Here’s to success this year and a cast that keeps drawing you back to work on it every day in November!

Beth

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us