Reply To: GETTING YOUR NANO ACT TOGETHER! Intro

Home Forums GETTING YOUR NANO ACT TOGETHER AHEAD OF TIME GETTING YOUR NANO ACT TOGETHER! Intro Reply To: GETTING YOUR NANO ACT TOGETHER! Intro

Kathy Crouch
Participant

Hi Beth,

I always enjoy your classes. My name is Kathy Crouch.

I’m going to rewrite my historical fantasy that I originally called TheWolf, the Witch and the Wizard. I discovered through another workshop that what I was calling a wizard would be a witch. I guess warlocks are wrong too. <G>

I went back and wrote the heroines beginning, sort of in that I always had her descended from the Goddess Brigid and a mortal. When I went back and wrote her mother’s story, I had to figure out how she would die if she’s a goddess. In the confrontation with her parents, she’s given the choice to choose a mortal life and marry the man she loves and whose child she’s pregnant with at that time. She chooses a life with Liam and they live with his widowed mother.

The daughter, I’m still trying to find a name I like for her, witnesses mother’s death at the hands of Viking raiders. The face of one of the men sticks in her mind. She’s around ten when this happens.

Ten years later during another raid, she’s taken with others to be a slave. She’s now a healer and is known for her healing powers. There is a Viking prince that led the raid. He’s severely injured near death. They’re on a ship heading back to Scandinavia. The raiders find out about her abilities and she has to choose to heal the man that she thinks killed her mother or let him die. That’s the beginning.
Your lecture, which I read before the intro, gave me pause. I will need to figure out the background of the male witch who has evil powers.

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us