Reply To: Week 40 Check-in

Home Forums Productivity Forum Week 40 Check-in Reply To: Week 40 Check-in

jeanne_moore
Participant

Hi, Cheryl,

I know – flash fiction is a challenge. It’s a challenge getting in the essentials of your story into 1,000 words or less. I had lots of practice writing short romances to submit to Woman’s World Magazine. I submitted 75 stories to that magazine and they only bought one.  A collection of some of those stories will be going on Amazon. 

While flash fiction is anything under 1,000 words, “short” fiction is typically 6,000 words or less. I seem to be able to get in what I need to in around 4,000 to 6,000 words.  With the ones I’m writing there are typically two major incidents – the inciting incident and the incident that brings the story to it’s conclusion, with some stuff in between. I call those middle incidents, the “traveling” incidents – they move the story from the inciting incident to the ending incident. That’s just my own term that I made up.

Well, that’s it for today. I’m working on reading my proof copy for the paperback format for my collection of short romances. Found some mistakes. Darn it, that means that what I posted for the ebook also has the same mistakes in it. Thy are minor. I kinda don’t feel like going through the Kindle Create process for that again, but I’ll think about it.

Well, back to work.

Hope you and everyone in the group are having a good week.

Jeanne

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us