Reply To: GETTING NANO TOGETHER Lect #4 Mon Oct 12

Home Forums GETTING YOUR NANO ACT TOGETHER AHEAD OF TIME GETTING NANO TOGETHER Lect #4 Mon Oct 12 Reply To: GETTING NANO TOGETHER Lect #4 Mon Oct 12

jeanne_moore
Participant

Hi, Beth!

I’ve got a contemporary woman’s with 60,000 words written and I need to bring it to a conclusion and ending. It’s just been sitting on my hard drive because although I know  how I want it to end, I’ve been procrastinating on it. In the meantime, I’ve self published two collections of short romances (each story is 800 words or less), have written 6 longer short stories (4,000 to 10,000 word) that will be a collection and have three more short stories and working on two more that will be another collection.

But the contemporary woman’s fiction is just sitting there. I, too, am a pantser. I have a general idea of what ‘s going to happen, but have been putting off just sitting down and writing. And I’ve found that’s how my ideas come to me for incidents and events that will move the story to an ending – just sit down and write.

I’m now going to look at the download you gave us with this lesson using the general ideas and attempt to turn them into specifics that will help me get this novel finished.

My historical novel that I was writing along with the last workshop I took with you is just sitting there unfinished too. Maybe I need to do this technique with that one, too. It’s taken a bit of a different direction than I had intended. Maybe I need to rethink the genre. It’s not a romance, that’s for sure.

Hope you’re doing well and staying safe.

Jeanne

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us