Reply To: GETTING NANO TOGETHER Lect #4 Mon Oct 12

Home Forums GETTING YOUR NANO ACT TOGETHER AHEAD OF TIME GETTING NANO TOGETHER Lect #4 Mon Oct 12 Reply To: GETTING NANO TOGETHER Lect #4 Mon Oct 12

beth.daniels
Participant

Story time days and hours, Louise. It’s knowing where your various characters are standing and what they are doing so a chronological telling can occur. Occasionally you may have some going back over the same time or a bit of it when characters aren’t on the stage at the same time, but that only happens now and then.

It’s the movie playing out in your head. What needs to happen first, happens first.

Like your hero at the bedside of the dying man. It’s what kicks the story off. Where he goes and what he has to do after that is chronological for each character because most of the time what one does affects what others will do. The exception would be when they aren’t all gathered on the same stage at the same time.

With my Timeline on this bit of Lucky although I gave Yancy (who usually has a POV, though a secondary one) a column that said what he was doing, as he was with Harte and she’s the main character (well, besides Thorton), he didn’t get one here. As Cherise, the villian’s representative, is in the same town but at a different place, she did have a POV. Because timewise what she did happened before the main set of characters settled in at various hotels in Reno, her part got to go first. And actually, she brought the previous chapter to a close, being the 3rd and shorter POV in it. The following chapter had Harte’s POV, then Thorton’s, and then moved to the next day (which I didn’t include) when they all boarded the train once more, and because Thorton was attempting (and not succeeding) at avoiding Harte and Yancy, I gave him the final POV in Chapter 5 and kicked Chapter 6 off with a frustrated Yancy taking the POV over. And it was just a case of deciding which character’s head was the best to be in for what happened next.

Does that make sense?

Beth

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us