Reply To: NINE Map Character Movement

Home Forums RAPID REVISION: REVISE YOUR DRAFT IN THIRTY DAYS NINE Map Character Movement Reply To: NINE Map Character Movement

jeanne_moore
Participant

Hi, Zara!

I like this! For the novel that I am editing, I created a map of the town on a Google Docs spreadsheet. I also created a floor plan for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors of the bed and breakfast in where the story takes place. But now that you mention time, I will need to go back over the manuscript to check that I’ve not only allowed enough time for the characters to do what they do, but also watch the progression of time from scene to scene.

For some of the scenes, I had to make it clear as to whether it was summer vacation or the end of August or later (when the fall semester starts) and then after that if it was a weekday or a Saturday or Sunday because the main female character has a 12-year-old daughter who is in school.  If it was a weekday and the daughter was involved, I had to indicate whether it was before or after school or if the action was occurring while she was in school. I think there are places where the daughter isn’t in the scene that I’ll need to make it clear that she’s not around because she’s in school. That’s something I need to go back and edit for.

Jeanne

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us