Reply To: Day 3: How to Build a Fire

Home Forums REKINDLING THE PASSION IN YOUR WRITING Day 3: How to Build a Fire Reply To: Day 3: How to Build a Fire

red.jameson
Participant

Oh, Anna! Hugs, if you’re welcome to that. And big hugs too.

Losing a pet is such a huge grief. They are family members, best friends, and truly offer unconditional love. I am so sorry for your loss. (By the way, on my videos, I talk about my elderly puppy, but some of the videos are older, and my puppy passed away a year ago.)

About writing during grieving, I didn’t write for nearly a month after my brother died. He was my best friend and when we were little we had our own language. I didn’t do much at all, other than grieve, for weeks. Just as I got back into writing, my mother died. I had been her caregiver for years. Even though the doctors had warned me and my family that my mother wasn’t well, it still was very difficult to process and grieve. So I didn’t write for about three weeks. I needed that time to be sad.

Like you, writing, for me, is fun and self-rewarding. And I wasn’t ready to have fun. I just needed to be sad. When I was ready, though, I had a writing buddy who helped me through that tough time to get back into writing. It’s because of her that I wanted to create a class because if she weren’t in my life, I think I would have given up writing a long time ago. So I want to offer to be your writing buddy to help you get back into writing. But only when you’re ready. And if that means you’re ready after this workshop is over, that’s okay. I’ll still be here for you. For all of you!

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us