Reply To: Day 5: Building More on Your Foundation with Story Elements

Home Forums REKINDLING THE PASSION IN YOUR WRITING Day 5: Building More on Your Foundation with Story Elements Reply To: Day 5: Building More on Your Foundation with Story Elements

CPRider

After a weekend of wonky wi-fi, I was finally able to listen to your lesson. And again, we overlap, this time with Gaiman’s rules. I repeat #5 all the time.

“When people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.”

I’m taking his Masterclass right now, and it’s so good.

You know, I’m not sure about this lesson. I always think my theme is one thing and it turns out to be something totally different, so that’s a possibility. Also, I’m coming to the end of my first series, so maybe it’s that? I’m trying my hand at something similar but different next, (Wow, that was helpful. 😉 It’s a shorter version of my urban fantasy romance books.) so it could be voice.

Would allowing myself to lean harder into flow be considered a log for my fire? Because it seemed to work well for me when I attempted it. Maybe I’m trying too hard to control where the story goes and simply need to trust myself.

Cheryl

PS. Is there a Lesson 2 that I missed? I think we skipped from 1 to 3.

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us