Reply To: Day 9: When things are outside our control…

Home Forums REKINDLING THE PASSION IN YOUR WRITING Day 9: When things are outside our control… Reply To: Day 9: When things are outside our control…

Stacie O’Brien
Participant

This video hit me hard.  For me, grief is an accurate word choice.  My life imploded as my first book was being published.  It should have been a time of great joy and excitement celebrating my release.  Instead, I found myself ending an abusive marriage and protecting my daughter became my priority.  For a long time, it was hard for me to separate my feelings over my marriage ending from my writing.  Then came the feelings of shame and embarrassment over not completing the second book in the series.  Every time someone would ask me when it would be ready, I would cringe and close off a little bit more. I stopped finding joy in creating magical paranormal worlds and characters and began to question if my first book was a fluke and if I really had any talent at all.   It’s taken me several years to get to a place where I am reclaiming my love of writing and not feel the old hurt, anger and shame.  Fear is still a bit of an issue, but I’m working on that. I find myself believing again in my dreams of writing.

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us