Reply To: Week 6 Check-in πŸ’

Home Forums Productivity Forum Week 6 Check-in πŸ’ Reply To: Week 6 Check-in πŸ’

CPRider

Vicki, I’m sorry about your headache. It’s tough to stare at a screen when your head is pounding. Congrats on getting selected for RAMP, though! I’m so excited for you!

Kathy, my daughter-in-law sent me a pic of their backyard today and I was stunned. She said it was -8 and that they lost power four times last night. Texas is definitely not set up for harsh winter storms. Stay warm and safe. And hey, sometimes cutting is part of writing, right? Especially if the work will be better for it in the end.

We’re doing a SIAW the first week of March if you’re looking for a new challenge. I’m going to set up some more challenges, too. I really enjoyed the Chain Event this year and want to do it again soon.

This week I fell a little short on my proofreading goal–only did 9 chapters out of 14. I did hit my 12K word count goal, which is the important one at the moment, so I’m not complaining. 12,358 words this week!

Goal for this week is 12K words & to wrap up the proofread, but my priority is new words. I’m at the crisis point now, heading toward the 70,000 mark. (These books are 100K words)

My best writing habit is tracking my word count. I use pacemaker online (I pay, but the free version has everything you need), and a planner notebook to track all projects by hand. Pacemaker helps me to figure out how many words I need to write to get my project finished by a certain date. I find that motivating on days when I don’t feel like writing. Tracking it by hand gives me a quick overview of past projects. I track drafts, edits, and keep start-to-finish project totals. πŸ™‚

Hope you all have a good week!

Cheryl

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us