Reply To: Webinars! Please respond 🌷

Home Forums Main Forum Webinars! Please respond 🌷 Reply To: Webinars! Please respond 🌷

CPRider

Ruchama, I’m glad to see that you’re coming to the webinar this week! 🙂

I definitely enjoy the workshops and I understand what you mean about it being easier for some people to save and read the lessons. Personally, I love both! I like live webinars especially because it’s an opportunity to get questions answered in real-time and I like the interaction. Also, I do well listening and reading at the same time, so it’s great for the way my brain works.

I believe we have someone in the chapter who does a great webinar on historical weapons. That might be something you’re interested in. I’ll see what I can come up with.

If any of you historical writers out there has an idea for a webinar or workshop you’d like to see us offer, be sure to let Ruchama or me know!

Cheryl

Hello:  I’ve signed up for Pacific Time World Building.  I’m actually not a big fan of webinars because it’s quicker and easier to read and retain lessons in pdf forms. I think webinars that are about subjects where illustrations are crucial, or at least important to the presentation makes more sense that just having the presenter speak with illustrations consisting of bullet points, or summaries.

Watching period films is a way to see what England and Germany actually looked like during after the war.  Seeing drawings and/or photos of sites and maps of historical periods is a great help in writing descriptions that ring true. For example, a webinar dealing with historical food, clothing culture, dwellings (inside and outside) would be interesting.  Even fairly modern periods are now “history.” I was born in 1942 and now a WWII romance is considered an “historical romance.”  Just looking at pictures, film clips or magazine illustrations from 20th Century would be interesting and helpful.

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us