Reply To: Lesson Two – Flashbacks

Home Forums USING BACKSTORY TO ENHANCE YOUR NOVEL Lesson Two – Flashbacks Reply To: Lesson Two – Flashbacks

jeanne_moore
Participant

Here’s my assignment for lesson two:

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Barbara Hamilton Dunbar held Aunt Clover’s letter in trembling hands. She set it on the breakfast nook’s worn green table and slumped in the threadbare chair. She’d finally broken down and told her only living relative that she’d left Parker. </span>

<i><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>I want a divorce. Her voice rang in her ears. Parker’s expression of shock that night had almost been funny. But it wasn’t. Then his right eyebrow had arched as he said, “Why Barbie, I can’t believe you said that.”</span></i>

<i><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>“I know there’s another woman. I know she’s why you came home so late tonight. I know you’re not working every time you come home late. I know that’s why you don’t call me to let me know you’ll be late. I know that’s why you’ve taken to sleeping in the guest bedroom.”</span></i>

<i><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>His smile was smug. No, it had been more of a smirk. “You don’t know any such thing. I’ve got such an overload of work, I have to stay late just to feel like I’m treading water. You know you can call me at any time on my office phone and I’ll answer. Does that reassure you? Dear?”</span></i>

<i><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>“No,” she spat. “I HAVE called you on your office phone, numerous times. You never answer. I want a divorce, Parker. I’m leaving you and I’m taking Jessie with me.”</span></i>

<i><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>“You’ll never leave me. You’ve never worked outside the home. You can’t even get a job. You need my money.”</span></i>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>“Mom? Earth to space?”</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Barbara jerked and blinked. Twelve year old Jessie stood glaring at her, her hands planted on her slender hips.</span>

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us