Reply To: Week 19 Check-in

Home Forums Productivity Forum Week 19 Check-in Reply To: Week 19 Check-in

CPRider

Oh my gosh, this has been an odd week. Sorry this is late!

Jeanne, I love your ideas! You know, my grandmother was a riveter during WW2. She was a beautician who ended up working for Douglas Aircraft to “do her part for the war effort” (her words). So there’s an idea for a typically masculine job of that era. πŸ˜‰ You know, I don’t believe I’ve read any fictional historical stories set in Hawaii that didn’t revolve around Pearl Harbor. That might be an idea, too. 😍

Emily, welcome! So happy to have you with us. You’ve set some amazing goals! It makes a difference when I post mine every week; it really does. I hope it works for you, too! ❀️

Mona, if you can focus, two hours a day might be all you need. That focus part is tricky, though, right? I hear you on the having a spouse at home thing. I adore my husband and love that he’s home more, but I’m also a teensy bit happy that he’s heading back to work for a couple of days a week. It’s not all him, either. I’m easily distracted and like to go see what he’s doing. haha We distract each other.πŸ˜†

Wow, Dory, another nice week of writing! So, what veggies are you planting? I’m not a skilled gardener and wish I was. Plants tend to grow by accident around me. It’s best if I simply leave them to it. πŸ˜‰ I hope all goes well with your medical tests. ❀️

As for me, I wrote 8536 words last week, falling a bit shy of my 10K goal. I took some time off drafting to focus on an edit, so I’m not upset about it. Also, I’m in two intense classes right now–The Artist’s Way and a Margie Lawson class on rhetorical devices, so I’m cutting myself some slack.

It might happen next week, too, as I’m finishing up one class and expecting another round of beta read edits back. Oh, and I’m taking a side trip in my little Airstream trailer. πŸ™‚ My husband and I are heading to our spot by a local lake and then over to my daughter’s in Arizona to work on her manuscript and hopefully get our second book plotted.

So, my goals are kind of elastic, but I’m still aiming for that 10K words.

Wishing you all a great weekend!

Cheryl

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us