Reply To: Week 20 Check-in 🌺

Home Forums Productivity Forum Week 20 Check-in 🌺 Reply To: Week 20 Check-in 🌺

jeanne_moore
Participant

Hey, Mona,

The GNU Image Manipulation Program is great – it can do most everything Photoshop can do and it’s free. I’ve been told there are some advanced things it can’t do that Photoshop can do, but they sound like things that are beyond what I want to do with it. I’m not a graphic designer. I just want to use it to make book covers and maybe thinks like book marks and book plates to use as swag.

I’m still playing around with making paperback book covers – haven’t refined that yet, but I made some eBook covers I really like. I’ve also learned how to cut from one image and paste it into another image and also how to paint out objects in photos – for example a pesky light post and then I took some people out of in front of a church – these were in photos that I took.

It took me a week and a half to get functional with it and at first it was hard. I wanted to give up a few times, but all of the photo editing programs I investigated didn’t look any easier. I think the hard part was that this was a new thing form me that I wasn’t familiar with. But I just kept watching tutorials on YouTube and also finding written instructions on the internet. Then, all of a sudden, things fell into place.

There’s still a lot I don’t know how to do, but I can do enough right now for what I need the program for – with the exception of that I’m not real good yet with paperback book covers. But, I’m still amazed at what I’ve accomplished in a week and a half.

If you try it, don’t get discouraged if it seems really hard in the beginning. Just keep doing the tutorials.

Jeanne

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us