Reply To: 1. Emotion songs!

Home Forums WRITING EMOTIONS WITHOUT PURPLE PROSE 1. Emotion songs! Reply To: 1. Emotion songs!

michelle.laforey
Participant

Hi,

My song that always gets me is Norah Jones-Come Away With Me.

You can listen to it here:Norah Jones – Come Away With Me (Official Music Video) – Bing video

It’s a song about a woman trying to convince her lover to run off with her.  I hadn’t heard it in a long time and this past Sunday, it popped up on my Amazon Echo. So I layed in bed and listen to it.

It reminded me of a time in a NYC club, I was standing by the wall just watching everyone dance. When this song came on, the dance floor emptied and a guy who I had seen in the club but never spoke to, came over a offered me his hand. He was tall so my nose landed by his neck and he smelled woodsy. We slow danced to this. After the dance was over, he thanked me and walked away. My friends pushed me to get his number (I didn’t even know his name). But the fast music started up again and he was swallowed up in the crowd.  I never saw him again.

I never got into music videos because I always like to use the images in my head that the music invokes rather than somebody putting their spin on a song. I found that once I saw a video for a song, those images stuck in my head.

So anyway, enjoy the song.

Michelle

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us