Hi, Cheryl and all.
I have managed to keep myself very busy, but only a couple of hours each day have been devoted to actually editing the 6 short stories I’m still working on. At this rate, my collection probably won’t be ready for publication this summer.
As you know, I’ve been learning photo editing with GIMP, which is like Photoshop, but it’s free. This past week was my 4th week at doing this and it’s gotten much easier now that I am familiar with it. I’ve learned so much in the last 4 weeks. Now, I’m good enough with designing eBook covers, but still nee practice with paperback covers because of the spine and getting the words vertically on the spine.Also, I need to get better and estimating the number of pages, which affects the size of the spine. From what I read, it looks like you estimate that 250 words is a page, so you divide the novel’s total number of words by 250. I also need to study what KDP has to say about “bleed.”
My goal for this week is to pay more attention to my editing and no spend so much time playing with editing picture.
Wishing everyone a good week!