Reply To: AUGUST CHAPTER MEETING NOW OPEN

Home Forums Main Forum AUGUST CHAPTER MEETING NOW OPEN Reply To: AUGUST CHAPTER MEETING NOW OPEN

Shirley Tudhope

NEW BUSINESS

Thank you to everyone who took the time to take the survey. It serves to give a current picture of what our members are most interested in so that we can adjust our programs to meet these desires. We will continue throughout the next year with similar surveys to ensure we stay updated on the needs and desires.

There was 61% who were interested in a newsletter. If anyone is willing to gather some members together to start up a chapter newsletter, that would be great! Let the board know what you all have in mind.

The chapter also needs volunteers to help in various areas that we already had. If members feel these are still in-demand forums, then we need to fill those positions: Storm Plotters Forum chair, and Beta Reader’s Group chair.

Also, all who stated you’d be interested in helping, please contact me at scasp1 at comcast dot net.

Although less that 50% stated an interest for a contest, if we can gather together a contest team, there is still time to start working on it. We are considering changing it up a bit in ways that would also be easier on the contest team, judges, and contestants. Please contact me. Connie/VP Programs, and I will be helping get it started.

And last but not least, the current board positions will be expired and we will need to have people fill these posts. If there is more than one person wanting to volunteer for any one post, there will be a chapter vote. We need to know by the end of September, because if there is to be voting, it will be done in October and announced in November. In the meantime if anyone is interested, you can contact each board member individually and they will discuss their duties etc. Or you may contact me and I will forward. All positions are open, and some have already come forward stating what position they are interested in filling. ( Just a reminder, according to RWA rules, a member can’t hold board positions at the same time for different chapters.

Any further NEW BUSINESS?

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us