Reply To: Lesson #2: Should YOUR story be in Deep POV?

Home Forums DIVING SEVEN MILES DEEP WITH DEEP POV Lesson #2: Should YOUR story be in Deep POV? Reply To: Lesson #2: Should YOUR story be in Deep POV?

jeanne_moore
Participant

Hi, Katie,

This is my lesson 2 homework:

My current story is definitely Zoey Mills’ story (she’s the main character).  My prior novels have switched back and forth between several characters’ POV, but I don’t intend for this to happen in my current story. Other characters’ actions and reactions will be related from her POV.

Right now, I don’t think readers will not learn anything essential to the story by limiting it to her POV. Readers will learn about the other characters as they interact with her and by what they tell her.

The genre is historical romance.

My main character is Zoey Mills,  the daughter of a well-to-do nouveau riche industrialist and his wife. She and her mother become destitute when her father loses his corporation in the panic ensuing depression  of 1893 and he has a heart attack and dies.

I am writing for women (audience).

I don’t think deep POV is common in historical romance.

I think deep POV will enhance my story because we will be able to follow the character’s growth through her POV. She’s going from a spoiled, naive rich girl who has learned no skills that she can use to fall back on after this disaster to a self-reliant, competent, independent young woman.

My “gut feeling” is that this is an appropriate book for deep POV, although I’m not exactly sure how to write it that way. As I mentioned before, I intend for Zoey to be the only POV character in this book.

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us