Reply To: OCTOBER CHAPTER MEETING IS NOW OPEN!

Home Forums Main Forum OCTOBER CHAPTER MEETING IS NOW OPEN! Reply To: OCTOBER CHAPTER MEETING IS NOW OPEN!

Shirley Tudhope

SPECIAL Commitee/Forums reports:

1. Contest Committee: No report

2. Critique Committee: 

The critique group is purring happily, exchanging subs and critiques, encouraging one other.

Respectfully submitted,

Ana Morgan

3. Productivity Forum

The Productivity group finished up the September Chain Event. We had seven participants and most have already reported their success with the event to the forum.

I have no other events planned for 2021, as NaNo and the holidays keep us all busy.

Our week-by-week group is also doing well, with members checking in regularly.

Cheryl Rider
Productivity Forum Moderator

4. Social Media:

Social Media Chair Report

New member welcomes posted to main forum and FB group.
Posting upcoming workshop information to the FB group and Insta/Twitter.
Insta/Twitter posts 2xs a week.
Our first social medial chain event completed end of September with multiple members participating.

Tami Blankenship,

Social Media Chair

5. Storm Plotters: No Chair, No report

6. WEBINAR REPORT

We have a live webinar scheduled with developmental editor Sue Brown-Moore for October 28 at 5 pm Pacific time. Sue has worked with several high-profile authors, traditionally published and indie. The focus will be on the basic tenets of good storytelling with techniques for a solid foundation.

The webinar will be 90 minutes long and will include a Q&A. The graphic is already on the Members Only page slider and has been posted on Facebook. We’re offering the webinar free to members.

I would like to encourage everyone to attend the webinar. It really helps encourage our presenters when there are a lot of participants and I’ve worked hard to get this particular guest to present to us. It would mean a lot to me if you all showed up. Thank you!

Cheryl Rider with Christine Grissom & Connie Bretes
Webinars

7. Website

Website –

No service outages, backups done on schedule, all new members processed, class set up and going, have all updates for 2022 workshop year from Ruchama, will do forum build as soon as Marie completes annual backup download to store in Drop box so old forums are documented for liability purposes (on schedule for the next few days).

Merien Grey -Web manager

8. Workshops

We are currently hosting Writing With Splash, Zara West’s workshop on enhancing prose by using sensual details.  As has frequently been the case, we are not seeing many participants actually posting homework. Since this has become fairly common over the last year, and also, I’m informed in other chapters, I don’t think it reflects on the subject or the presenter.  We are always looking for suggestions and comments to help improve our selections.  We followed members’ suggestions gleaned from the recent survey in finalizing the schedule for 2022.

I am attaching the 2022 Workshop Schedule.

Respectfully submitted,

Ruchama Burrell, Workshop Committee

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us