Reply To: Week 41 Check-in

Home Forums Productivity Forum Week 41 Check-in Reply To: Week 41 Check-in

jeanne_moore
Participant

Hi, Cheryl,

Can you believe it’s week 41 of 2021 already? How fast this year is going. I turned 71 years old a couple of weeks ago and still can’t believe I’m that old.

I’m approaching the end of editing the short stories for my collection and will now need to hire an editor to look them over. I cringe at the thought of how much this will cost; all 6 of them total about 80,000 words.

I was going to publish them as a collection, but now I’m thinking of breaking them into 2 collections. Two of the stories are between 20,000 and 25,000 words – novella length. I am considering putting the 2 novella-length stories in one collection and the other 4 in another collection.

I’m still fooling around with making book covers, but not as “hot and heavy” as before. I have 15 posted for sale on a website that sells pre-made book covers. Even though I have been posting on Twitter and Linkedin with links to my gallery, so far I haven’t sold any. At least it didn’t cost me anything to post on this site. And with the feedback they gave me as I posted, I learned a lot and my covers are now really good, even if I do say so myself.

It’s time to think about posting any new covers I create on my website and offer them for sale.

I’ve started 2 mew WIPs and need to turn my attention to them. So my goals for next week are finish up the editing on the short stories and work on my WIPs.

Have a good week, Cheryl and everyone.

Jeanne

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us