Reply To: CONTEST OVERHAUL FORUM: Ideas Needed

Home Forums Contest Overhaul Forum CONTEST OVERHAUL FORUM: Ideas Needed Reply To: CONTEST OVERHAUL FORUM: Ideas Needed

CPRider

Thanks, Kim! You’re deeply involved in this year’s contest, so I can imagine you have some good ideas. 🙂

We could ask around and see how many entries specialized contests get. Best Banter, Hook, etc. I entered the BB last year because it was specialized and banter is my jam ;). That contest did break things down into categories, so that’s something to think about. I think a contest that focuses on the opening makes more sense than the rest only because it applies to both indie and trad pub authors. Those opening pages are key to getting the reader/agent/editor to continue reading. We could certainly market it that way… hmm…

Are you saying we should think about offering prizes instead of agent/editor feedback? That’s a thought. How would that change second round judging? Or does it? I like the idea of giving away an agent or editor critique. I saw where one chapter was auctioning them off. Most ended up raking in over $100 each.

Some thought-provoking ideas here. Thanks!

Cheryl

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us