Hope you all had a good week. I am feeling much better and not as disoriented as I did when I first got out of the hospital. That 5 days in the hospital was quite disrupti
Hope you all had a good week. I am feeling much better and not as disoriented as I did when I first got out of the hospital. That 5 days in the hospital was quite disruptive. At least, as a retired state government employee, I have excellent medical coverage and don’t have to worry about how I’m going to pay for that. It is completely covered by my medical plan and the only thing I paid for was the copay for the prescriptions they gave me. A week ago, I ordered a three-month supply of one of the prescriptions to be filled and sent to me by mail. There was a statement in with the 3 bottles of pills. The retail price for those 3 bottles is listed as a whopping $746.66!!! All I paid was $30. No wonder people who don’t have good medical coverage can’t afford medication! A retail price like that is criminal!
I did well last week and averaged about 3 hours writing time a day. Still proof reading and revising. I’ll be looking for a critique partner through Savvy Writers next week and am also formatting my collection of short stories and novellas to put on KDP as a paperback. Before publishing, I will order several author’s copies. I will use one to proof read and will be using the others as Advance Reader Copies. Also, before hitting the “submit” button, I’ll be having a crit partmer go over it. If there are errors, I can always remove the manuscript off KDP, fix the errors and upload again.
This will be the first time I’ll be using a cover that I designed through GIMP (the image manipulation program that’s like Photoshop, but it’s free). Prior to this, I designed m own covers using KDP’s Cover Create and either their stock photos or photos that I took. We’ll see how this works out. If I don’t like the result, I’ll use the cover I designed without the text and use KDP’s Cover Create to put in the title and author name.
I’ve been teaching my sister how to self publish and she hit a milestone yesterday. She formatted her manuscript and was able to get the page numbering in using section breaks. When you start with page one several pages in (and don’t include the table of contents, the copyright page and the preface in the numbers), it can be difficult to get page 1 where you want it to be. But she hung in there and did it!
Well, upward and onward.
Have a good week.