I’ve abandoned the story idea I’d spent most of the month on. Even though I still think there’s something there, I just couldn’t make it work. Another idea had been rolling around in my brain, and all of a sudden on Sunday night it was a full-fledged idea. I’ve already written a broad outline–something I didn’t accomplish in three weeks of struggling with the other story and have developed my character GMCs, wounds, etc. I want to finish fleshing stuff out, but I’m excited to start writing. Here’s hoping February is a month of words.
Scrivener is working out for me so far. I espeically like that I can add actual websites to the research folder, and I’m finding the templates to be very useful as well. I’ve still not quite figured out the corkboard view, but I haven’t spent a lot of time on it. Specifically, I’d like to be able to see pictures of all of my charactres side by side.
I’ve found another reader for my Regency. Hopefully once I get some more feedback, I’ll feel good enough about the manuscirpt to sent it out. I hope to have that ready by the end of February.
Congratulations to everyone who’s kept their chain in tact. Even though I wasn’t successful, I’ve learned a lot, namely that there’s no point in trying to push myself into a box that doesn’t fit. If something isn’t working, pivot and try something else!