Reply To: Week 6 Check-in 💌

Jeanne Moorejeanne_moore
Participant

Hi, Cheryl and everyone!

I am making headway with the two novels I am editing and revising. I have about 40 odd pages left to go on each one. Then I’ll need to go though them again to address the comments I made during this current round of editing/revising. I’m considering querying agents with one of them and have a publisher I want to submit to for the other one.

The one I have a publisher in mind for is set in Hawaii on the windward side of O’ahu. There is a local publisher I want to submit that one to.

So for those two, instead of hiring an editor to do the final edit. I’ll clean them up as much as I can and then submit them.

I just found out something most discouraging. You know, I am self published. I do my own formatting for paperback in Word. I just found out last week that for correct formatting, the first paragraph of every chapter and the first paragraph after each section break are NOT indented. The first line is flush with the left margin. I did not know this and as avid a reader as I am, I never noticed this. I have 5 books and 2 short stories already published on Amazon. I did not know this. I suppose that in the interest of publishing professional-looking books, I should go back and correct this. All of my first paragraphs are indented. What a chore.

But, the good thing is that with print on demand, you can always correct mistakes and upload the manuscript again.

Well, for now, I’ll just keep on editing my manuscripts that haven’t been published yet.

Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you.

Jeanne